The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Think the the squad in general on paper is weaker.  But we don't have the non tryers so much and at the moment a manager who can galvanise the group. Once he's got Gayle fit and focused after trying to sell him. And deal with Colback and Haidara etc. Lots to do.... point at Swansea then do the same to stoke as we did to West Ham and we'll have forgotten about this summer by mid Seotember, you'll see :D 

I think this is the bit concerning most of us.

Given his comments thus far, I think he'll see the season out.

The really scary thing is, it's well within the realms of possibility that he'll walk and Pardew will come back.

I think I'd be done then.

Newcastle have had the worst transfer window of every Premier League club, particularly considering what they needed. Their side is explicitly built for the Championship and has barely been strengthened. Benitez will be furious.

29 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Someone's been on the happy pills. Did you not get the memo? It's depression central around here man 

I've learned the trick of not getting too down or too up re NUFC unless I'm at a game. Then I'm like an emotionally volatile man-ape with a hangover :D  

Ashley's keeping costs low to try to sell. But it seems his price is still too high.... I've looked for the odds on next Newcastle manager but can't find them, wanted an early bird on Pardew :good: 

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

No wonder that cunt @Happy Face is lying low on here. Shamelessly posting transfer record graphs on Twitter after I did all the research the other night and pointed out we were the only club to not have broken ours in the last 2 seasons

I was making the same point 3 weeks ago maaan.

Just updated it tonight

https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/status/895010093535817729

I think we'll spend big in January now, actually.

Because we'll have to. 

Rafa won't trust Ashley again - undermined and lied to twice now in the space of 8 months. I don't think he'll walk immediately but his days are numbered and what manager would want to join us now?

In the meantime Brighton are still bringing in players, including one of ours on loan. Absolute joke.

I wasn't expecting a great window, or even a good one, but I thought we'd at least get one or two in in the final few days. Long season ahead.

Edited by OTF

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Why would he stay? Better to leave now on principle than after a result of a series of bad results.

He'll line his next move up before leaving.

19 minutes ago, Happy Face said:

I was making the same point 3 weeks ago maaan.

Just updated it tonight

https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/status/895010093535817729

Fine we'll share credit. I see Shearer has passed comment on it so tweet him and tell him and let him know.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Why would he stay? Better to leave now on principle than after a result of a series of bad results.

Because there aren't good jobs going and I don't think he'll want to be sitting at home. Plus I don't doubt he appreciates us as fans, and the family geography thing.

1 minute ago, Monroe Transfer said:

I know we're not a big club but have to laugh at Chris Kamera saying the losers of this window are Chelsea and Arsenal :lol:

No one gives a fuck.  Not even the dizzying heights of a joke club anymore.

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

Purely because he feels he owes it to the players that have signed because of him.

Yep.  He's said as much; only reason he'll see out the season.