The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

The naive optimistic part of me says 20M plus 15M for Mitro = Bas Dost. Mitro gets 3 red cards for Brighton before the end of the season. 

To be realistic, he's probably already sold and we're paying 5M net for Troy Deeney and might not even get him over the line.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I can’t figure out how to do a poll on my phone, but who would we prefer as a new striker?

Slimani

Deeney

Gameiro

Jose Willian

Sandro

Chicarito

Looks like it's Slimani judging by Twitter. He had a superb record at Sporting, and hasn't been the main man at Leicester though hasn't set the world alight. From what I've seen of him, he'll be a decent signing. And a f*ck load better than Joselu.

12 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

I wanted us to sign him before he ever went to Leicester. Great player. There's just, you know, these small matters, and then there was this

All of which will rapidly be forgiven when he scores his first goal in black and white, and I will change my avatar to the Algerian flag. 

Are you pretending its not racism?

Just now, acrossthepond said:

Yes, I'm racist against my own people, you're right. You caught me!

That is a thing, its called internalised racism.

Regardless of that you've just posted two examples of "why" you dislike Slimani, two events in which he wasn't involved. You dislike him because hes Algerian.

racist1.gif

21 minutes ago, Andrew said:

That is a thing, its called internalised racism.

Regardless of that you've just posted two examples of "why" you dislike Slimani, two events in which he wasn't involved. You dislike him because hes Algerian.

racist1.gif

Every time someone refers to a sad Mackem bastard on here, they're practicing internalized racism, is that it? They're expressing dislike of Wearsiders, often people who have nothing to do with them personally, because of where they're from and because of the football and extended rivalry between Newcastle and Sunderland, which according to you is racist. 

No. They're expressing disdain for a regional rival. Which is what I'm doing. The relationship between Algeria and Egypt is not dissimilar to Sunderland and Newcastle - both are predominantly North African Arab Muslims, just like mackems and Geordies are both North Eastern, predominantly white working class Englishmen, and in both cases their football teams have a strong (as you read in the links, though you didn't read them too closely or you would've seen that Slimani was indeed a member of the Algerian side that cheated their way to the 2014 World Cup) rivalry that has come to unjustified violence in the past. I don't understand why this connection is hard for you to grasp, which makes me think you are being dense on purpose. Then again, you've reached your 20s without ever learning which form of "it's" to use, so it could just be you aren't too swift. 

Now, take your internet dictionary - internalised racism, my foot - and fuck off. Save that word for when it truly applies.

31 minutes ago, Andrew said:

So...you don't think its racist?

OK.

I think the fact that he qualified the statement with "footballers" is pretty important.

English football fans have a terrible reputation around Europe, we might say "fucking England fans" when's there's an incident but it doesn't mean we dislike the English or even that we think all England fans are the same.  It's more throwaway than that.

The language used is a little strong but then @acrossthepond seems like quite an intense sort.

Picking you up on a minor grammatical error, however, is unforgivable. <_<  

Also isn't ATP an Arab living in the US?  Probably been on the receiving end of some rather scary abuse and I can see why I'd be upset if someone called me a racist under those circumstances. :lol:  

1 hour ago, Graing said:

To save you some time...

Can be a bit of a hothead? :icon_lol:

Oh hec, not a striker from the Dutch league. Hope he’s better than Jon Dahl Tomasson and Luke De Jong