The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

17 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Give them 20 million plus Colback. Force the bastard to leave. Tell him he's going to Disneyland and then kick him into Feyenoord's training ground before speeding off

If we enforce Colback as part of the deal the fee will rise to £30m so no chance there. 

Watching those goals by Jorgensen I couldn't help but think of the supreme poacher Jimmy Grieves.

A majority when he scored, he was in the goalie's box, and some were scrappy,  and none of his goals were goal of the week ranked.

However, goals count no matter how they are achieved, and goal scoring has to be our biggest weakness.

20M Euroes for Nicolai Jørgensen seems a bit much. He was heads above most players, when he played for FC Copenhagen in the Danish premiership. He's done well at Feyenoord, but it's stretch to expect him to do a job in the Premier League as well. He's tall, have a bit of physique about him, and a decent header. He's got some pace, and have played as a winger, but not recently. He's done reasonably well in the national side, but haven't exactly been brilliant either. Of course Eriksen keeps stealing all focus there.

Given Newcastles situation with strikers, he might be a good option. But I can't think, that 20 million euroes is a pisstake. I wouldn't value him at that at all.

Not necessarily a striker with the sort of experience we are looking for but then we won’t pay the going rate for one of those these days so might be about the best we can hope for. It sounds like he might have a bit of pace and a physical presence, which we need. 

You never know how good he might end up being - he could be class - but it’s always a bit of a gamble recruiting from Holland. moving to the PL is a massive jump up in quality. Bit underwhelming if this is the striker we end up, compared with some of the names in j69’s list. But we need someone in ahead of Joselu, we’re operating in the bargain basement and time is against us.

if only we’d had a plan in place at the start of the window...

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I don’t want to be negative, but having watched his highlights on YouTube he looks pretty slow and reminds me of Joselu! 

He might make the step up, but with 14 games left he needs to hit the ground running 

I think you're right to be negative. From what I've seen from him, he is not likely to offer anything, that Mitrovic can't offer. I rate Mitrovic higher, and the price tag is ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I don’t want to be negative, but having watched his highlights on YouTube he looks pretty slow and reminds me of Joselu! 

He might make the step up, but with 14 games left he needs to hit the ground running 

Well, at least he's backup for Joselu. <_<  

Really need two strikers of this quality to insure against injuries/shitness.

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

See Slayer's back after Sunderland beat Hull and there's a new crisis at NUFC. :rolleyes:

Give him a break, his band's just split up