The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

“Talks about a transfer were exhausting, frustrating and a complete waste of time.”

P.S. I was on holiday in Miami so i couldn't give a toss love Mike

Be angry, be pissed off, be fuming, be madder than hell, be ballistic, pout if you like, but don't be unduly surprised if this January window closes with nee bugger other than Kenedy coming in to enhance our survival chances.

Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if we get some last ditch mediocre additions on the final day, grasping at straws, pouring burning oil on the troubled waters.

SSN saying we are interested in Slimani. I know it’s probably bollocks but I’d much rather have him I’ve Luuk De Jong mk2 at Feyenoord. He’s got experience of the league, can play as a target man and isn’t a 1 season wonder

they're going to want a hefty amount of the £30m they paid for him back, aren't they? and he's 29. i don't see the fat man going for this one, though i agree he'd preferable to the untested danish kid. 

Rafa Benitez kept his cool when questioned about (lack of) transfers on Friday afternoon but was clearly far from happy.

The United boss says that he personally doesn’t get involved in the transfers, but stated that he gave Mike Ashley his list of transfer targets ‘A, B and C options…’ and is still waiting to see if they end up being signed.

“We have given a list with A, B and C options…we have to wait until 31st January, then we will see.”

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

they're going to want a hefty amount of the £30m they paid for him back, aren't they? and he's 29. i don't see the fat man going for this one, though i agree he'd preferable to the untested danish kid. 

£7.5m over four seasons. Compared to the losses we’d face being relegated again I can’t see how it wouldn’t be worth it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, trooper said:

Rafa Benitez kept his cool when questioned about (lack of) transfers on Friday afternoon but was clearly far from happy.

The United boss says that he personally doesn’t get involved in the transfers, but stated that he gave Mike Ashley his list of transfer targets ‘A, B and C options…’ and is still waiting to see if they end up being signed.

“We have given a list with A, B and C options…we have to wait until 31st January, then we will see.”

It's really quite cute that he believes the cunts. 

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

£7.5m over four seasons. Compared to the losses we’d face being relegated again I can’t see how it wouldn’t be worth it.

The fat fuck can't see that by spending 70 million this month he'd get it lol back when we're safe. I can't understand it, but am not surprised in the slightest...

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The fat fuck can't see that by spending 70 million this month he'd get it lol back when we're safe. I can't understand it, but am not surprised in the slightest...

He's spiteful man he'd rather gamble than see us happy.

He doesn’t care about it. As long as Sports Direct gets media coverage by being associated to Newcastle and regardless of the league his ownership fulfills its purpose. 

He is not willing to speculate to accumulate but just to keep the club running.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Ashley’s approach to football club ownership defies logic. 

3 hours ago, trooper said:

He's spiteful man he'd rather gamble than see us happy.

He's having his revenge for all the years you all called him a fat cockney bastard in public, especially in front of an international tv audience.  :mad:

5 hours ago, Noelie said:

Be angry, be pissed off, be fuming, be madder than hell, be ballistic, pout if you like, but don't be unduly surprised if this January window closes with nee bugger other than Kenedy coming in to enhance our survival chances.

Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if we get some last ditch mediocre additions on the final day, grasping at straws, pouring burning oil on the troubled waters.

I assumed this anyways. 

Re Slimani I just can't see it. Like has been said he would cost a hell of a lot more than £20m

6 hours ago, trooper said:

That sounds idiotic to me. We will forever be a poor club with Ashley picking who they sign. Is this common in European football?  In N.A. you have the coach and General Manager that make trades and draft picks. The teams where the owner gets involved too much usually stink, see the Cleveland Browns.

It seems that this is a normal practice for Rafa because he's still here!

22 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

That sounds idiotic to me. We will forever be a poor club with Ashley picking who they sign. Is this common in European football?  In N.A. you have the coach and General Manager that make trades and draft picks. The teams where the owner gets involved too much usually stink, see the Cleveland Browns.

It seems that this is a normal practice for Rafa because he's still here!

Considerably more common on the continent than in england yeah.

I think the Ashley PR machine are pretty fucking good like. To be fair, I want them not to sign Jorgensen as he's a bit shit. So I'd rather no signing than the 20M signing. Which they bid 12M for. But whatever. I don't want him. Ashley in!

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

Considerably more common on the continent than in england yeah.

It used t be, don’t think there’s a single premier league manager that gets involved with the nuts and bolts of transfer negotiations nowadays though. Rafa says who he wants and it’s up to others to sort it. Don’t know if Jorgenson is a,b or c pick though :unsure: 

8 hours ago, Jintsay said:

I think the Ashley PR machine are pretty fucking good like. To be fair, I want them not to sign Jorgensen as he's a bit shit. So I'd rather no signing than the 20M signing. Which they bid 12M for. But whatever. I don't want him. Ashley in!

Drunk ? 

6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

It used t be, don’t think there’s a single premier league manager that gets involved with the nuts and bolts of transfer negotiations nowadays though. Rafa says who he wants and it’s up to others to sort it. Don’t know if Jorgenson is a,b or c pick though :unsure: 

Jackson 5. (NUFC remix).

Rafa: "A B C,
Easy as 1 2 3
As simple as do re mi
A B C, 1 2 3,

Get me a player from ABC."

Ashley: "D E or G

Easy as 1 2 3,

As simple as Lee Charnley,

D E G, 123,

That's all you'll get from a cunt like me."

• Like 1