The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, beatty said:

Not a fan of Sturridge, glad we didn't sign him.  Really selfish player who lost his edge, yard of pace through injuries.

17 goals in four seasons....not been the same player since Suarez fucked off. 

Its the principle though, and what Rafa could maybe coax out of him. If he scores the goals to keep them up I'd be surprised seeing as Pardew seemed to always have at least 3 players out with muscle injuries at any one time when he was here :cuppa:

Assuming it's not just out of pure spite, all I could suggest for the reason behind such a farce of a window is that Ashley's accepted he won't get what he wants in a sale and is therefore gambling that Rafa's connection with the fans keeps him here and his managerial ability keeps us up. We're just about coping so far, it's not like we're cut adrift at the bottom of the league and I don't think we've been in the bottom 3 since the opening weekend. So it probably seems like a decent bet.

He then takes the unspent transfer and TV money to top up whatever he gets from the sale, cuts his losses and runs.

25 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Its the principle though, and what Rafa could maybe coax out of him. If he scores the goals to keep them up I'd be surprised seeing as Pardew seemed to always have at least 3 players out with muscle injuries at any one time when he was here :cuppa:

Didn’t he blame VAR for two recent injuries the other day?

4 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

Assuming it's not just out of pure spite, all I could suggest for the reason behind such a farce of a window is that Ashley's accepted he won't get what he wants in a sale and is therefore gambling that Rafa's connection with the fans keeps him here and his managerial ability keeps us up. We're just about coping so far, it's not like we're cut adrift at the bottom of the league and I don't think we've been in the bottom 3 since the opening weekend. So it probably seems like a decent bet.

He then takes the unspent transfer and TV money to top up whatever he gets from the sale, cuts his losses and runs.

Not cut adrift...yet! The teams around us have strengthened this month though, so it could be just a matter of time.

We strengthened last time in the PL in January. Nee guarantees for anyone but I see your point. The atmosphere amongst those clubs that have strengthened and their fanbases won't be as toxic as here.

Ashley's gambling again. Hopefully should we stay up he finally fucks off. If he doesn't then go, all of the fanbase needs to be all out against him. More vitriolic than the McKeag protests hopefully. 

Let’s get the standard window speech ready. See how close we can come to Charnley....

”We had a couple of big names lined up. At the end of the day we just couldn’t get them across the line. We have every confidence that Rafa will see the club through with the current squad. In the summer we will strengthen the club on several levels”

How’d I do? 

Oh how I hate the two clowns running the club.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Relegation costs him far more than it costs us, the stupid pig ignorant cunt. 

Aye that’s it like, we may as well just be in the Championship as the horrible fat cunt isn’t even pretending to allow the team to compete in any way. The fans get to watch football either way, honestly we might get a bit more exciting footy if we went down as it’s this squads level. 

The main plus to being in this league is it gives us the best chance to be shot of the horrible pig but he’s made it clear he’s too fucking thick to even manage that. As I’ve said numerous times I hope the bloke ends up with fuck all, he’s just a horrible fucking cunt.

These gambles are getting more and more daft, what’s the goal? to last until summer and then not want to buy again? It’s just fucking stupidity. If it wasn’t for Rafa we’d be rock bottom iyam and honestly it’d be a hell of an achievement for Benitez to keep this club up, again though we’re back to what’s the fucking point? We’re just in the league to be in the league at the moment, it’s not like we’re seeing a higher calibre of player by being in this division other than the ones our lot play against. 

Ashley must have a plan, to be as rich as he is, and be as shrewd a business man as he is, he must have a plan!

Question is, what is it?

He well knows the financial difference between being in the Premier or the Championship, and so he should, he's seen us relegated twice and promoted twice during his tenure as owner.

Is he banking on Rafa keeping us in the Premier league with the squad he's got, and not investing in strengthening the squad which is obviously needed as anyone can see.

If so, that's a pretty wild, and probably a stupid business plan, especially when you consider a takeover may be dependent on staying up. Going down would obviously mean he'd have to reduce his asking price if anyone was now interested.

SO, what is his plan, what is he thinking, is it a game he's playing?  Even a rich businessman is always seeking ways to make more money!

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

One goal every 180 playing minutes. Makes him a 1 in 2 goalscorer if fit and playing. The sort of player we should have been tripping over ourselves to sign.

5 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Frankly, it is just a failure to pay the odds, not over the odds :( 

Nah. With Jorgensen they were definitely looking more than he was worth. But they weren't desperate to sell and knew that we were desperate for a forward so we had to expect to pay over the odds. Another example of the club's short termism in not recruiting in the summer.

40 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Nah. With Jorgensen they were definitely looking more than he was worth. But they weren't desperate to sell and knew that we were desperate for a forward so we had to expect to pay over the odds. Another example of the club's short termism in not recruiting in the summer.

He's an almost 2 in 3 striker for them. Why would he be worth less than £20m in todays market?

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He's 1 in 2 in the Netherlands and from what I've seen has no outstanding attributes.

He's closer to 2 in 3 than 1 in 2. 2 goals away in fact. No guarantees he'd take to this league but that's not Feyenoords problem. They asked for a perfectly reasonable fee

It's a pointless argument as his value is what a club will pay for him. And they've been willing to sell but no one in Europe has met their valuation which suggests that they're looking over the odds. 

6 minutes ago, trooper said:

It's not worth worrying about lads the windows firmly shut for us buying anyone

Its been 6 minutes and you haven't followed this up with some worrying yet.

Are you alright?

9 hours ago, Sir Les said:

Not cut adrift...yet! The teams around us have strengthened this month though, so it could be just a matter of time.

That’s the worry isn’t it. Will Rafa’s ability to organise and motivate a team made up primarily of championship players be able enough when every other team in the mix is doing the logical thing and spending in a bid to ensure they don’t miss out on the massive TV money. Spending 20-30m in this window is a gamble worth taking when you look at the financial rewards for being in this division next season. Ashley is off his tit if he doesn’t invest. It just doesn’t make any sense, whether he wants to sell up or not. He has no business running a football club. No clue at all.