The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

The main thing another relegation would punish is the number of £50 notes he can keep in his money clip. His approach in this window makes less sense for him than any of us. A section of the support is resigned to it and wouldn’t be that arsed seeing us in the championship again where at least we win games.

27 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Its been 6 minutes and you haven't followed this up with some worrying yet.

Are you alright?

I'm fine mate i just want Ashley to lose lots of money now.

It's not personal man, he doesn't care about us enough for that. It's the same thing it was in the summer - he'll only spend what the club has available to spend, and that isn't very much. He's not going to put his own money in anymore, so Rafa needed to sell to buy if anything serious was going to happen at all.

Ashley said as much in the summer and while we've considered that relegation will cost him more in the long run, the reality is that as he is actively looking to sell the club, he's not likely to want to throw more money into it. Even if there is a chance of us going down, apparently.

It is what it is.

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Rayvin, I think you owe us all an apology. 

:lol:

Tbh, I genuinely believe what I said. I really don't think he cares about us enough to even be spiteful. This notion that anything we do has any bearing on Ashley's decision making is ludicrous IMO. The other thing is that since that interview last summer, everything that has followed in terms of transfers has supported what he said he would do. I mean the alternative is thinking that he could spend money if he wanted to, but is choosing not to at the risk of £100m lost through relegation, because a group of fans have annoyed him...?

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Well it looks like Mitro may get another chance. Rafa has no choice now but to use him.

Mitro will probably go tomorow during the Burnley game giving Ashley a slight profit over the last 3 windows

Everyone knows he's a gambling man, and will the loss of £100m really make that much difference to his lifestyle? Definitely not, It's a bet he's more than willing to take, and a bet he has decided to take long before January.

Totally understable tbh. It's the last contract he'll get that'll be worth anything remotely like it. He'll be on about 10% of what he's on now when he moves on to a mid-table Championship club

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye that’s it like, we may as well just be in the Championship as the horrible fat cunt isn’t even pretending to allow the team to compete in any way. The fans get to watch football either way, honestly we might get a bit more exciting footy if we went down as it’s this squads level. 

The main plus to being in this league is it gives us the best chance to be shot of the horrible pig but he’s made it clear he’s too fucking thick to even manage that. As I’ve said numerous times I hope the bloke ends up with fuck all, he’s just a horrible fucking cunt.

These gambles are getting more and more daft, what’s the goal? to last until summer and then not want to buy again? It’s just fucking stupidity. If it wasn’t for Rafa we’d be rock bottom iyam and honestly it’d be a hell of an achievement for Benitez to keep this club up, again though we’re back to what’s the fucking point? We’re just in the league to be in the league at the moment, it’s not like we’re seeing a higher calibre of player by being in this division other than the ones our lot play against. 

The only logical explanation is he's gambling on Benitez' managerial ability to keep us up at minimal cost so he can top up PCP's offer with the money meant to be spent on transfers this season and sell at the maximum profit that he can.

Whether that's wishful, I don't know. Apathy is starting creep in. Having new owners next season is far more important than what league we're in next season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

One goal every 180 playing minutes. Makes him a 1 in 2 goalscorer if fit and playing. The sort of player we should have been tripping over ourselves to sign.

Thats mostly  going off stats 4 years old though. He's  not going to have Suarez, Coutinho, Sterling and Gerrard setting chances up for him either here or at West Brom. Not a huge risk on loan but I think it's unlikely he'll do enough in 10 games. He was fuckin shit at SJP earlier this season too.

The other thing why did it take till 48 hours before the window shuts to discover he wanted to go back to the midlands??  Was this just a cheap trick to get Feyenoord to blink?

15 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

The only logical explanation is he's gambling on Benitez' managerial ability to keep us up at minimal cost so he can top up PCP's offer with the money meant to be spent on transfers this season and sell at the maximum profit that he can.

Whether that's wishful, I don't know. Apathy is starting creep in. Having new owners next season is far more important than what league we're in next season. 

I really dont think he's going to sell. Once he gets a sniff of whats on offer regarding the new tv money it'll be llike when he first discovered his love of pies

West Ham, West Brom even Swaneea all actively doing something.While Charnley thumbs through his sticker book & sharpens a few pencils.   The Sky Sports guy covering us tomorow might as well hafe a long lie in, a nice long lunch break & an early tea because there'll be bugger all else for him to do:razz: