The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

46 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

So at least trooper will be happy. We may even see some bedsheets 

Good give him pelters he deserves nothing less. I know he wont be there but even so he should get them.

The Mangala link seems to be the patented late-window bullshit signing that Ashley and co have perfected over the past few years. A player we can't afford in a position we don't need. We'll put in some pretend bids and then blame City for not wanting to release him with 5 minutes left in the window, and then the moaning will begin about how we can't compete with sovereign nations. 

We're 3 points off the bottom of the league, never mind the bottom 3. I could understand if we were in the same position as when we signed Luuk de Jong while Carver was in charge, and Fat Mike thinks we'll stop up without spending anything just on the strength of our early season results and a decent if unmotivated squad. But this time we're a win off the bottom, our squad is dire, and Benitez is keeping us above water (barely) pretty much alone. With McClaren, Pulis, Pardew, Steve Bruce, or Hughes, we would be dead last and completely cut adrift.

I think we might be truly fucked this time. Last relegation was avoidable, this one seems inevitable. 

It could have been avoided this time of the fat cunt had just signed two or three new players instead of one of Chelsea’s reserves. I’ve said but if we stay up with this squad after all the teams around us are investing, it’ll be the greatest achievement of rafa’s Career 

I know this has been the worst transfer window ever and all that (since the last one), but still think we will stay up and hope we do. If we sink again we will lose Rafa and almost certainly any hope of a take over imo.

Agreed. It’s a massive season for us. Survive and secure a takeover and we can dream again. Another relegation and we might end up stuck down in the lower leagues, with Ashley tormenting us until the end of days 

Just seen that Man City signed a defender for £60 million earlier and barely an eyelid flinched, meanwhile we are scrapping about for out of favour players on shitty loan deals :lol:

Same league, different planet.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Last day.

Last throw of the dice.

How many of us are resigned to getting nobody, but still desperately hoping we will?

If Stoke and Brighton both get a win or a draw on Wedneday, and we lose to Burnley, we'll be in the bottom 3.

21 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Last day.

Last throw of the dice.

How many of us are resigned to getting nobody, but still desperately hoping we will?

If Stoke and Brighton both get a win or a draw on Wedneday, and we lose to Burnley, we'll be in the bottom 3.

17th in that scenario rather than bottom 3, but sinking inevitably closer.

Need a new rumor? I may have missed this one but the latest I have seen is Real Madrid's Marcos Llorente. And with Palmieri a done deal at Chelsea, I suppose the Batshuayi rumors can ramp up until he’s official with Dortmund.

F U A$hley

4 hours ago, Jintsay said:

17th in that scenario rather than bottom 3, but sinking inevitably closer.

I realized that after I'd posted, but didn't bother to edit as I knew someone would correct me.:)

7 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Just seen that Man City signed a defender for £60 million earlier and barely an eyelid flinched, meanwhile we are scrapping about for out of favour players on shitty loan deals :lol:

Same league, different planet.

Oh but don't forget about the trickle down effect 

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/01/rafa-benitez-frustrations-missing-signings-mike-ashley-last-ditch-tuesday-conversation-newcastle-united/

Rafa letting us all know he was on the phone to Ashley yesterday morning regarding transfers. What a 24 carat bastard making a man of Rafa's calibre virtually beg him to get more players today.

Edited by trooper

The Knight Ryder reckons Slimani is the big deal we’re trying to get over the line today. 

I’ve read the script on this one and it doesn’t end well. Might just turn off my phone for the day.