The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Leicester.. .let Uljoa go to Brighton, city in for Mahrez, and now Slimani to us? 

Any word on replacements for these coming from LCFC??

Prepare yourselves folks, I think we all know what's coming...

We can't sell Carroll again...

Reckon Slimani is quite clearly the best we could have got (him or Sturridge). At least on loan anyway and him having a knock is the kind of thing that you get when you leave it last minute. If he can get 5/6 (quite a big ask, I know) and Gayle/Joselu/Perez/Atsu and co can chip in what they have so far, that genuinely might be enough. I’ve no idea if this keeper is the kind that could win us points with shot stopping or penalty saves or things of that ilk but I’ve had about enough of the two idiots we’re rotating now so I welcome him.

The tightness of the league makes this all seem like a gargantuan task but the fact everyone is taking points off each other makes it the opposite IMO. Don’t we have the best, or one of, record against sides around us? We continue that and we’ll probably find ourselves sitting around where we are now. 

Arsenal have done well. Arguable ending the window in a better position than they started despite losing their best player.

Sanchez gone loses a sulky unpopular presence in the dressing room.

Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan in who are both quality and have linked up well together in the past and now Ozil has signed a new deal.

Wenger out innit fam.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Arsenal have done well. Arguable ending the window in a better position than they started despite losing their best player.

Sanchez gone loses a sulky unpopular presence in the dressing room.

Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan in who are both quality and have linked up well together in the past and now Ozil has signed a new deal.

Wenger out innit fam.

They have never been short on attacking options, it's the defence that are proper shite.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I don’t know why Gayle wasn’t offered to Championship clubs for £15mil. Some teams would snap out hand off for a 20 goal striker. Then that would have been most of the money for the Feyenoord lad

To be honest I'd rather have Gayle. He's a known quantity. Jorgensen seemed like a flop just waiting to happen. 

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I don’t know why Gayle wasn’t offered to Championship clubs for £15mil. Some teams would snap out hand off for a 20 goal striker. Then that would have been most of the money for the Feyenoord lad

The money was there, regardless of selling Gayle or not. He’s just tighter than a jockey’s coffin.

I think HF is bang on when he's said that Ashley doesn't want to gamble the money we have now in case we go down and he needs it to cover the loss of income next season.

I'm still hoping a sale will go through at some point so I'm not particularly bothered if we don't sign anyone permanently this window as I can't see them being anything more than stop gap players anyway so we could be lumbered with players we don't want if proper money then becomes available.  May as well just deal in loans now but it should have all be sorted well before now.

3 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

We should have sold both Ritchie and Gayle in the summer.Neither had or have proved to be good enough in the Prem.We would have made a profit on both players and if the money had been released by fatty .....

Yeah, I might have spotted a flaw in your reckoning there

i’ll be happy with the loans (if they happen) which are listed on nufc.com

It should be enough to survive this season.

We’ve been hard to beat mostly with teams around us, and some top halfers, just sunk by the odd late goal when we have had enough chances to finish them off.. there’s more than a few results we’d have won or drawn with a striker who can score. If Rafa keeps it tight as it has been .. we will be ok. IF we get those loans.