The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

38 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The kind of people who want that aren't watching Sky sports though, they're listening to a variety of podcasts that do it better.

True enough, but wasn't Sunday Supplement out before Podcasts became popular? It would have been a good show for broader conversations about stuff, and it isn't at a time that a lot of more casual football ... consumers would be watching. It's like BT European football show was very good, but I think the time slot had Frank from Gillingham moaning about "so-called experts boring on and not enough goals". 

22 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Am I missing something but how the fuck is Slimani fit enough to play for Algeria but not for us?

He hasn't has he?

53 minutes ago, The Fish said:

True enough, but wasn't Sunday Supplement out before Podcasts became popular? It would have been a good show for broader conversations about stuff, and it isn't at a time that a lot of more casual football ... consumers would be watching. It's like BT European football show was very good, but I think the time slot had Frank from Gillingham moaning about "so-called experts boring on and not enough goals". 

Yeah and it was shit then too, and football bores and hipsters got their boring hipstering out of the way via message board instead *wink*.

Sky don't really promote foreign leagues and they dont give a fuck about the football league either, they stay chummy with the PL teams, players and managers and sunday supplement represents that perfectly as does all of their other football coverage.

You want the stuff you're talking about you go for the Totally football show or On the Continent (my favourite two) or any number of other pods that have intelligent and generally agendaless journos from all over europe on.

Just now, Andrew said:

Yeah and it was shit then too, and football bores and hipsters got their boring hipstering out of the way via message board instead *wink*.

Sky don't really promote foreign leagues and they dont give a fuck about the football league either, they stay chummy with the PL teams, players and managers and sunday supplement represents that perfectly as does all of their other football coverage.

You want the stuff you're talking about you go for the Totally football show or On the Continent (my favourite two) or any number of other pods that have intelligent and generally agendaless journos from all over europe on.

Although with that said TTFS has had a few right bellends on lately so it may be dropping out of my regular listening

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

It's a reasonable idea for a tv show, but they got the details wrong. The kind of viewers who'd be interested in hearing journalists discuss off-field issues affecting a variety of clubs want actual variety. But this is, constantly, discussions on Mourinho's latest misdirection, Wenger, Klopp, Guardiola or the carry-on of players from the top clubs. 

It's an hour long show, isn't it? So, why not talk about the Oystons, or Ciellini. Talk about how Turkish football is fucking insane. Discuss how well Nolan is doing in his first real managerial role. Don't spend 45 minutes talking about Mourinho doing the same boring shit he does after every disappointing result as if we don't already know that he's just trying to get us talking about anything aside from his inflexibility. 

This is the reason they have a TV show and you have a Podcast.  :razz:   Not that I don't love your podcast because I do.  :blush2:

38 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Well he travelled with them and I read in an article he could play this week. What was the point in travelling?

They've got a game tomorrow but they also played a friendly on Friday. I don't even think he was on the bench (according to what I read on .com over the weekend). Like you say, seems pointless him travelling but I don't think the club can stop him

44 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Well he travelled with them and I read in an article he could play this week. What was the point in travelling?

To possibly play for algeria, but it works out for us unless he gets injured again.

He travels, trains (which he'd be doing with us) and potentially plays a bit of a match and gets some gametime under his belt before coming back to us. He's unlikely to be overly fatigued so, assuming hes at the right stage in recovery, some senior minutes will do him good.

What's the problem?

On 25/03/2018 at 17:35, Anorthernsoul said:

Am I missing something but how the fuck is Slimani fit enough to play for Algeria but not for us?

Played 25 mins for Algeria tonight. Has to be good news.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He'll get sold from under Rafas nose mate.

Of course he will there's a chance to be a bidding war for him Ashley will luv it.