The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Chronicle reporting that we're after a loan of Marcus Rashford.

It'll never happen but he'd be a superb signing

It certainly wont and he absolutely would be.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-looking-continent-no-10-14764549

While I hope we are looking for a number 10 I can’t believe how bad the Chronicle is. This article is so badly written it’s pathetic, for a start his subtitle is “Rafa Benitez wants to lure a sign a No 10 for Newcastle United” just proof read your work ffs. He also completely refuses to write number 10, instead using the short cut “no 10” I could just be being a prick here but that just seems needlessly lazy. The article also says absolutely nothing of any note, just that Rafa wants to sign a “no 10” and could be looking abroad and the domestic market :lol:. If he couldn’t be arsed to write out number 10 he should have just not bothered his arse writing that nothing of an article. 

I thought Lee Ryder was bad ffs, that Waugh makes him look competent. 

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2018 at 01:29, t00nraider said:

As in that's the way Ashley works. Hopefully just the fringe / less quality players (or players Benitez doesn't like/play) who are on high wages.

Aziakonou, Yannick
Cameron, Kyle Milne
Elmahanni, Yasin Ben
Findlay, Stuart
Gallacher, Owen John
Gamez Duarte, Jesus
Gillesphey, Macauley
Gilliead, Alex Nicholas
Good, Curtis
Haidara, Massadio
Heaney, Mackenzie
Heardman, Tom
Hunter, Jack David
Kitchen, Benjamin
Long, Oliver James
McNall, Lewis
Pearson, Brendan Conor
Smith, Callum
Smith, Liam Phillip
Spooner, Craig
Ward, Daniel John
Williams, Callum Dylan
Woolston, Paul Hudson

according to this: https://www.premierleague.com/news/698753

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 16:16, Alex said:

Difficult to know how to counter that to be honest. As trying to make you look any more dull just seems pointless

If it means resorting to purile comments, don't bother It's not necessary or half as funny as you think and just makes you appear brainless.

19 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We are looking at Rondon for £16mil apparently. Would that be our transfer record?

He's played 3 full seasons and 9 goals is his highest return. 

Might as well keep Mitrovic

Really, really hope we steer clear of Rondon

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We are looking at Rondon for £16mil apparently. Would that be our transfer record?

He's played 3 full seasons and 9 goals is his highest return. 

Might as well keep Mitrovic

Certainly looks pretty underwhelming. Hard to believe he’d be Rafas first choice. Also a bit on the old side for Charnley & co

If we're signing rondon we may as well not sign anyone imo, three years of being his clubs first choice striker in the PL and hes never made double figures, hes unlikely to make us any better.

Chronicle had a puff piece the other day about players at the WC we will be scouting which had a list of some interesting options from the bundesliga that I'd be more interested in seeing, even if they were just to come in and be fairly average they'd be a better option than Rondon.

Aye the argument for Rondon is that he could do better in a better team (an argument you could use for any player really) but we aren't really that.  We're certainly not very likely to create a boat load of chances for him.  He's certainly not a bad player but it just shows you're not going to get a great deal for our transfer record if we're spending on English based players.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/06/rafa-benitez-now-told-summer-transfer-budget-report-newcastle-united/

Wednesday lunchtime has seen The Chronicle report that Rafa Benitez has now been informed as to what his summer transfer budget is.

However, that looks to be where the good news ends….

The newspaper says that the budget is believed to be very similar to what Rafa Benitez was allowed to spend last season. :angry:

I guess if the club doesn't have the money, it doesn't have the money.

Honestly don't see the point in stressing about it now, Ashley is clearly not going to put anymore money in. On the plus side, we should get £20m+ for Mitro which I guess pushes this back to the same sort of figure as last summer. Maybe we can move on another couple of players also.

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The club has more money than last season by virtue of finishing 10th in the Premier League. “Every penny the club generates”

Even when Ashley is trying to deliberately vague, he backs himself into a corner

Aye, you can't use the excuse of being relegated two seasons running. Well, you can and he will, but it's disengenuous.

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The club has more money than last season by virtue of finishing 10th in the Premier League. “Every penny the club generates”

Even when Ashley is trying to deliberately vague, he backs himself into a corner

Aye but isn't a lot of that going straight into paying off the relegation season? The accounts released on that were grim.

It's disappointing though, I agree. It's as if Ashley has looked at it and decided that we can't spend the money we know we will get for the coming season, and that it only becomes available at the end.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Aye but isn't a lot of that going straight into paying off the relegation season? The accounts released on that were grim

If you believe Grant Hanley was on 85k a week, aye. Either that or Dwight Gayle’s goal bonus was more than his flat wage

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye but isn't a lot of that going straight into paying off the relegation season? The accounts released on that were grim.

We had an £8m overdraft and a loan of £15m from Ashley for the Championship season.

Fair enough if we paid off the overdraft but Ashley taking back the £15m loan wouldn't be true to the sentiment that Rafa can have every penny the club generates. Even then there should be much more than £10m to spend.

In which case where is the money going? It can't surely be going back to Ashley otherwise he's just setting himself up for obviously being called a liar in a couple of years time when the accounts are released.

Is the club just going to sit on it?

41 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's disappointing though, I agree. It's as if Ashley has looked at it and decided that we can't spend the money we know we will get for the coming season, and that it only becomes available at the end.

Look, don't tell the rest of these knackers, but I've got some shit hot, amazing magic beans. I was going to sell them to CT but I'll do a deal with you seeing I like you. £50 and the tin's yours! :good:

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Look, don't tell the rest of these knackers, but I've got some shit hot, amazing magic beans. I was going to sell them to CT but I'll do a deal with you seeing I like you. £50 and the tin's yours! :good:

As with all things, I only try and make judgements based on the evidence I have.

And my post broadly supports Alex's one in the sense that he can see an argument for minimal spending on season one after relegation but not in season 2. All I've said is that it seems Ashley is holding the season 2 money back until the end of the coming season. Which is the same as noting that he isn't spending it now, and that he could do so.

Has HF done any analysis on the accounts for that season yet, I miss his input into these things frankly.