The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

46 minutes ago, Kitman said:

You have to wonder what he gets out of owning us. He’s not living the dream as an owner

The football thing to him is a pain in the arse he has to put up with to get the fortnightly free worldwide tv advertising.

20 minutes ago, 247 said:

Merino and Mbemba out freeing up enough cash for Kenedy and I'll be very happy personally 

With Mitro going out so that we can spend the c.£15m + Mitro's fee on someone decent. Aye tbh, I'd take that too.

1 hour ago, 247 said:

Merino and Mbemba out freeing up enough cash for Kenedy and I'll be very happy personally 

I won't! three centre mids and three centrebacks for the entire season is a really poor position to start in.

I don't understand wanting rid of Merino just yet.  Hit the ground running and looked like he had bags of potential before the injury; well capable of deputising for the tinker.

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

I won't! three centre mids and three centrebacks for the entire season is a really poor position to start in.

Obviously we will need replacements there! 

As for Merino I really liked the look of him as well but im sure theres more to that injury he had than was let on..

Edited by 247

14 hours ago, adios said:

I don't understand wanting rid of Merino just yet.  Hit the ground running and looked like he had bags of potential before the injury; well capable of deputising for the tinker.

Aye. Keep him.

"Earlier this week, ABC de Sevilla and Sevilla Info both reported that the player has met with Betis vice president Lorenzo Serra Ferrer and Coach Quique Setien, with the meetings said to be productive."

https://www.football-espana.net/72092/betis-push-merino-future

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rafa-benitez-learns-could-shop-14783650

Rafa Benitez is believed to have been told he will be operating at the lower end of the transfer market this summer.

Ideally, Benitez wants to sign four or five new faces - to go with permanent arrival Martin Dubravka - in time for the start of pre-season training on July 2.

Here we go again no wonder Rafa won't sign an extension. The guys given up his summer break again this year allegedly to sort transfers out to now be told this. 

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Best case scenario right now is he sees out the remainder of his contract.

What a bloody awful way to have to think. But your right

44 minutes ago, trooper said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rafa-benitez-learns-could-shop-14783650

Rafa Benitez is believed to have been told he will be operating at the lower end of the transfer market this summer.

Ideally, Benitez wants to sign four or five new faces - to go with permanent arrival Martin Dubravka - in time for the start of pre-season training on July 2.

Here we go again no wonder Rafa won't sign an extension. The guys given up his summer break again this year allegedly to sort transfers out to now be told this. 

What was it Keegan said again mate?

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

What was it Keegan said again mate?

And the best day will come when someone buys it from him and runs it the way Newcastle should be run. The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that"- KEVIN KEEGAN

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, adios said:

He's worth double that to a Championship club.

I agree, if he got 20 goals for Stoke that would go a long way towards promotion.

Maybe a deal that would see Shaqiri come here ? 

3 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

I agree, if he got 20 goals for Stoke that would go a long way towards promotion.

Maybe a deal that would see Shaqiri come here ?

He's a lazy cunt, a poor attitude and overweight despite his talent in my opinion. Not for me, Clive.

24 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

He's a lazy cunt, a poor attitude and overweight despite his talent in my opinion. Not for me, Clive.

I agree with you, i just thought it might be possible as we were linked with him a while back.