The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

2 hours ago, adios said:

I thought it was that he was suffering from a back injury for a lot of the season.

Real-y hope he stays for another season anyway.

He never fully recovered from that injury, it ruined his season. If his social media is anything to go by he has been happy to be here, totally understandable that a young, hungry player with big potential is frustrated at lack of game time on the pitch. It seems to me that his agent used the release clause as a get out if the season didn't go to plan for them and it looks like their plan will go through unfortunately. Don't forget we've taken advantage of release clauses in the past, swings and roundabouts.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

4 hours ago, trooper said:

I think the penny must have dropped with Merino he's realised Rafa's a crackling manager. But the owner has no ambition for the club & 10th place in the PL is probably as good as its going to get here. 

Or he gets a move back home from a side where he wasn’t a regular starter when everyone was fit 

On Wednesday the Chronicle revealed that the club still hadn’t made a single offer for any of the targets Rafa had given the NUFC hierarchy to pursue, despite ‘dozens of enquiries’ allegedly.

Thursday morning sees the local media printing headlines in the aftermath of the manager’s meeting with Lee Charnley, ‘hoping for breakthrough’ they claim.

4 days before training starts & still nothing it really is pathetic.

39 minutes ago, trooper said:

On Wednesday the Chronicle revealed that the club still hadn’t made a single offer for any of the targets Rafa had given the NUFC hierarchy to pursue, despite ‘dozens of enquiries’ allegedly.

Thursday morning sees the local media printing headlines in the aftermath of the manager’s meeting with Lee Charnley, ‘hoping for breakthrough’ they claim.

4 days before training starts & still nothing it really is pathetic.

Stop reading local fuckin media then :cuppa:

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure we won’t buy unless we shift some players first. If we’d sold Mbemba and Sels, I think we’d have one ‘over the line’ by now.

Ritchie seems like a key member of the squad to flog for that much and especially with nobody coming in. Having to sell popular players who are important to the squad harmony so we can bring someone in is ridiculous. Add “self-defeating” to Ashley’s transfer policy.

Crystal Palace will listen to offers for Andros Townsend this summer - but Newcastle United have reportedly been quoted a staggering £30million for their former winger. :D

11 minutes ago, strawb said:

This time last year Rafa was making unhappy noises. He hasn’t so far so it seems to me he knows what’s going on.

Indeed. Or he's given up arguing.

8 minutes ago, trooper said:

Crystal Palace will listen to offers for Andros Townsend this summer - but Newcastle United have reportedly been quoted a staggering £30million for their former winger. :D

Fuck that then

51 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Ritchie seems like a key member of the squad to flog for that much and especially with nobody coming in. Having to sell popular players who are important to the squad harmony so we can bring someone in is ridiculous. Add “self-defeating” to Ashley’s transfer policy.

Aye it’d make no sense at all. We bought him for around that price anyway so it’d only be a £1M-2M profit on a player who seems integral to the squad, and is among the better players we have. To improve on him would cost far more than £15M. 

I also doubt he’d drop to the Championship unless he was told he wouldn’t be playing and they were his only options, but I’d have doubts about both those. He did more than enough last season alone to show he’s a PL level player. 

Edited by Howay

How long before we see Ashley on Sky again telling us "he hasn't enough wallpaper to wipe his own arse with" or whatever it is he says

Edited by trooper

On 26/06/2018 at 21:36, Andrew said:

He's barely played for three years, for someone who used his pace a lot thats a killer, no idea if he still has it.

When was the last time someone young, pacey and promising went to a big English club, didn't play and then went on to resurrect their career successfully elsewhere in England? If there is an answer, ask it again for a british player.

1 hour ago, OTF said:

When was the last time someone young, pacey and promising went to a big English club, didn't play and then went on to resurrect their career successfully elsewhere in England? If there is an answer, ask it again for a british player.

Townsends done ok, he was a spurs youth product though rather than moving.

Zaha I suppose, though he is technically Ivorian.

4 hours ago, trooper said:

How long before we see Ashley on Sky again telling us "he hasn't enough wallpaper to wipe his own arse with" or whatever it is he says

I don't know, but it's definitely not  "he hasn't enough wallpaper to wipe his own arse with".  

1 hour ago, Tdansmith said:

I don't know, but it's definitely not  "he hasn't enough wallpaper to wipe his own arse with".  

Yeah, Ashley uses his curtains not the wallpaper