The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

20 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Ki having a medical ahead of a free transfer from Swansea.  I always thought he was a pretty decent player but shopping in the bargain basement again doesn't bode well.

:mellow:

under whelming to say the least 

These kind of squad filling options are exactly what we've missed for years tbf. Gives competition to Diame with Merino and his bad back leaving, knows the league, seems sensible enough to me. You'd like to think it means Colback is fucking off the wage bill as well.

He was Sunderlands best player a few years back, not that that says much. He seems a bit of a sideways passer type CM from what I’ve seen, as others have said if he’s replacing Merino as cover that’s fine but he doesn’t improve the team iyam. 

Think he'll be a solid signing for us, an upgrade on Hayden and back up for super Diame when he decides he doesnt feel like being the second coming of Makelele anymore 

• Haha 1

Colback :lol:

To be fair Ki is a tidy player, likes to move the ball around and keep possession.

Not better than Diame, no way! <_<

Anyway, we should be moving hard for a striker as soon as possible instead of midfielders or defenders, or we'll end up with another Joselu-type signing late in the window.

2 hours ago, Ant said:

he's an ok cm, not brilliant at anything but solid enough being a pain/breaking up play

Interesting, I guess other than Diame we don’t really have anyone that’s a bit more defensive. I may be being harsh on Hayden but I’ve written him off at this level tbh. 

Also, has the kit Ki is pictured in been actually unveiled yet?