The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

I don't like this one bit.  It's the same formula we have followed since signing Jack Colback.  The club is at best moving sideways not forwards.  

We must move forward not backward.  Upward not forward.  And always twirling, twirling, twirling

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

When’s he due to do his national service?

I was thinking similar, when they were talking about Son’s they said it’s 21 months before 28 and Ki is 29, maybe he has an exemption?

My money's on it starting next week and Charnley not doing his due diligence.  

Edited by adios
didn't do my due diligence on this fucking post

Currently ALL South Korean men are required to serve two years in the military between the ages of 19 and 35. 

So he may already be done with it or can put it off for longer.

2 hours ago, LooneyToony said:

I don't like this one bit.  It's the same formula we have followed since signing Jack Colback.  The club is at best moving sideways not forwards.  

We must move forward not backward.  Upward not forward.  And always twirling, twirling, twirling

Last season we finished 10th in the premier league, the season before we were a league lower.  We have actually moved forward.

Looks like he's a got a decent pass on him and he's hard working, looks a Rafa sort of player really he's probably more a replacement for Merino more than anything else 

3 minutes ago, 247 said:

Looks like he's a got a decent pass on him and he's hard working, looks a Rafa sort of player really he's probably more a replacement for Merino more than anything else 

Hard working..yes

Good enough better than merino..no

cheap..yes

33 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Last season we finished 10th in the premier league, the season before we were a league lower.  We have actually moved forward.

TD, I'll let MA's record over his tenure support my concern.

1 minute ago, LooneyToony said:

TD, I'll let MA's record over his tenure support my concern.

Your concern is of course correct.

But the last few years under Rafa we have actually moved forward.

30 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Hard working..yes

Good enough better than merino..no

cheap..yes

merino was good for a couple of months early in season but after being out he looked shaky to me. Giving ball away, knocked over easy.. maybe Rafa thought the PL was too much of a step for him? seemsas if the Bundesliga was too or he’d still be there.

1 minute ago, zerosum said:

merino was good for a couple of months early in season but after being out he looked shaky to me. Giving ball away, knocked over easy.. maybe Rafa thought the PL was too much of a step for him? seemsas if the Bundesliga was too or he’d still be there.

he looked a class act for me, i think his injuries have cost him his future here. Shame.

8 hours ago, Howay said:

I was thinking similar, when they were talking about Son’s they said it’s 21 months before 28 and Ki is 29, maybe he has an exemption?

Turns out he did get a kind of exemption. He only had to do four weeks after winning bronze in the 2012 Olympics.

14 hours ago, Howay said:

Interesting, I guess other than Diame we don’t really have anyone that’s a bit more defensive. I may be being harsh on Hayden but I’ve written him off at this level tbh. 

Also, has the kit Ki is pictured in been actually unveiled yet? 

Completely agree regarding Hayden btw. Seems a lovely kid etc but I inwardly groan when he comes off the bench or starts. Definitely not PL level from his time here so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trooper said:

No doubt Toon shirts will sell in there millions now in Korea. Free transfer + millions of tops sold in Korea it's double bubble for Ashley.

:lol:

You'll be lucky if they sell in their hundreds, man troops. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trooper said:

No doubt Toon shirts will sell in there millions now in Korea. Free transfer + millions of tops sold in Korea it's double bubble for Ashley.

Sold by the Asian arm of his business, Sporr Diwecc. Triple bubble!

Edited by TheGingerQuiff
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

The first thread is interesting, most actually still rate him despite us signing him which is extremely rare. Maybe he’s better than I first thought. 

That one bloke saying he worried it was them signing Ki and that he wouldn’t have him in the Sunderland squad for next season is a thick cunt.