The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

7 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Last 7 seasons

Rondon - Played 181 Scored 57 (goal every 3.2 games)

Joselu - Played 151 Scored 35 (goal every 4.3 games)

And half of Rondon's games were against shite teams in Russia vs Joselu in the Bundesliga

Marginal difference. Certainly not worth matching our transfer record for.

Now, having used my own eyes and not stats, he's comfortably better in the air, he's more of a danger coming in from out wide, stronger and quicker. He gave us a nightmare when we played them up here at the end of the season as well. Put him in a system that works and he'll score goals.

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Now, having used my own eyes and not stats, he's comfortably better in the air, he's more of a danger coming in from out wide, stronger and quicker. He gave us a nightmare when we played them up here at the end of the season as well. Put him in a system that works and he'll score goals.

Aye, who cares about cold hard facts :lol:

The reaction wouldn't be so bad if we had already signed a first choice striker and Rondon was there to complement him. The fear is that he is our first choice striker signing.

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye, who cares about cold hard facts :lol:

Not regarding the fact that stats are lazy arguments and, as is the case with every piece of data, can be skewed to any argument with slight adjustments, I would prefer to apply some context and personal opinion, ta. With stats, Leon Britton had the best pass % in Europe but I wouldn’t be rushing to put him in my midfield.

By the metric of stats at WhoScored.com, Paul Pogba was Man United’s best player last season and that’s just not true, is it? Stats tell us that Perez and Joselu had identical seasons and that’s not true either. This is exactly why I rail against stats as some kind of argument ender when the actual case needs finesse and context to apply them to. It’s lazy shit

I agree, Rondon is decent and miles better than Joselu.  That being said it would be another transfer disappointment to see us spend decent (for us at least) money on a player who is proven to not to score a great deal of goals in this league.  A player of his age who's never managed to hit double figure premier league goals isn't really someone who as I would envision being able to score the goals that could move us further on from where we finished last season. 

Great news if true. Him, a number 9 and 10, then maybe Townsend if Ritchie goes would be class.

though I fear we might be selling Ritchie to fund a move just for Kenedy, which I reckon will leave us a winger short 

57 minutes ago, 247 said:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/06/report-kenedy-close-to-becoming-newcastle-uniteds-third-signing/

Not sure if this has been posted here already.. personally want Kenedy back over any other player linked so far, a loan with a view to buy should work for all parties as well 

Fingers crossed that this happens.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 13:59, Kid Dynamite said:

Last 7 seasons

Rondon - Played 181 Scored 57 (goal every 3.2 games)

On google checking,  Rondon's league scoring  record with West Brom stands at ……...

Played 34  - goals 9   - 15-16 season.

Played 37  - goals 8   - 16-17 season.

Played 37  - goals 7   - 17-18 season.

Looks like a downward trend, and certainly not as prolific as needed.

4 hours ago, Noelie said:

On google checking,  Rondon's league scoring  record with West Brom stands at ……...

Played 34  - goals 9   - 15-16 season.

Played 37  - goals 8   - 16-17 season.

Played 37  - goals 7   - 17-18 season.

Looks like a downward trend, and certainly not as prolific as needed.

Bellamy never scored more than nine league goals in a season for us. Didn’t mean he wasn’t useful. I doubt this is the goal scorer Rafa is aiming for, he’ll hopefully still be in the market for one if we do sign Rondon.

Randon has more talent in his little toe than Joselu has in his entire body. Pity he seemingly applies it once every six months. There again the managers he's played under at the Hawthorns would make a fuckin brick cry. He could thrive under Rafa if he gets his heed doon and concentrates..

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Randon has more talent in his little toe than Joselu has in his entire body. Pity he seemingly applies it once every six months. There again the managers he's played under at the Hawthorns would make a fuckin brick cry. He could thrive under Rafa if he gets his heed doon and concentrates..

That is an exceptionally good point, Pulis, Megson Pardew and Moore. Ugh.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Bellamy never scored more than nine league goals in a season for us. Didn’t mean he wasn’t useful. I doubt this is the goal scorer Rafa is aiming for, he’ll hopefully still be in the market for one if we do sign Rondon.

Bellamy was complementing Shearer so his tally was less important.

Rondon will be playing with Perez

14 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Bellamy was complementing Shearer so his tally was less important.

Rondon will be playing with Perez

Hence my point that Rafa won’t be targeting him as the team’s main goal scorer.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Hence my point that Rafa won’t be targeting him as the team’s main goal scorer.

Well it looks like it's happening. You really think we are going to break our transfer record for Rondon, potentially again for Kenedy and Townsend, and then find enough left over to pay £20mil for a striker with a decent goalscoring record?

If we buy Rondon he's our new number 9

https://twitter.com/MsiDouglas/status/1015910532019343362

This from the Chronicle

PALACE will block Andros Townsend’s return to Newcastle until they find a replacement.

The Eagles are after around £20million for wideman Townsend.

Newcastle will turn to Aston Villa’s Albert Adomah if they fail to land the Palace man.

Just looking Adomah is priced at roughly £4.5 million :D

Edited by trooper