The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

30 minutes ago, Ant said:

So a loan with an option to buy for a price we wont pay no doubt 

Can't be disappointed with having him back for at least another season, he changed our outlook as soon as he signed last season. He felt like the piece of the jigsaw Rafa's system was missing. As said we desperately need some strikers now.

12 minutes ago, trooper said:

We need 1 possibly 2 premiership proven strikers 

Not that I disagree or owt but don’t you think getting Kenedy on the terms announced above is a good deal? That it’s not a smokescreen in other words? 

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

Aye nice to have him back, but can you see that kinda deal making rafa feel secure 

Rafa's gone anyway unless our fairy godmother deigns to shine her light in our direction again.

Just enjoy the season that's in it.

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye, we've effectively stood still so far. We had Dubravka and Kenedy last season and we've swapped Merino for Ki.

Didn't have them from the start of last season though.

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye, we've effectively stood still so far. We had Dubravka and Kenedy last season and we've swapped Merino for Ki.

At least we haven’t gone backwards. I can’t remember a summer when I wasn’t disappointed by this lot.

47 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Didn't have them from the start of last season though.

Aye, but were supposed to.

4 hours ago, Ant said:

Aye nice to have him back, but can you see that kinda deal making rafa feel secure 

Aye, we know enough about him and the buy clause must surely be an amount Chelsea are happy to sell him for so I can’t see us buying him at the end of the loan if we could just sign him permanently now for that price. 

If Ashley wasn’t a monumental cunt you could make an argument it’s structuring deals so that we can spend more now and buy Kenedy once we get another year of PL money in, but he is so we won’t. 

Don’t get me wrong I like Kenedy, I’m just not a fan of loaning players repeatedly like this as in a year we’re still needing a winger. If he has a brilliant season there’s also the chance he turns us down and moves somewhere else. If the price is 20M it’s a no brainer to just sign him now as we’d get that at the very least selling him on, these are the sort of moves I can’t wrap my head round with the fat knocker that owns Newcastle. 

Under the Ashley regime I've learned not to look past the immediate season as things always change very quickly at the club, just look at last season as prime example. In a few months we went from battling relegation to talk of a European spot. It's best just to look at the here and now, and Kenedy for another campaign is a good signing. Prefer him to Townsend.

West Ham are in discussions with Lazio to sign midfielder Felipe Anderson for a club record fee of around £40m.

The Hammers have already signed Jack Wilshere and Ryan Fredericks on free transfers this summer, plus spent £29m on Issa Diop and Lukasz Fabianski.

They are also close to completing the £17m transfer of Ukraine forward Andriy Yarmolenko from Borussia Dortmund.

West Ham ffs.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Steven Taylor has just signed for Wellington Phoenix :lol: I guess thats my NZ team choice sorted!

Erm there’s basically only one pro team to choose from. And even then I’d advise you not to bother.