The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

NewsNow is great for stripping out shite sources and highlighting worthwhile ones.

And I don't see it mentioned anywhere reliable. 

16 hours ago, zerosum said:

But Wijnaldum return rumours on newsnow .. really?? 

Can we get him on a share arrangement for home games only?

• Haha 1

Rafa Benitez talking to the Chronicle:

“What does it mean to compete?

“If we are strong enough to compete in the table to finish in the middle or the table or higher, but if we aren’t strong enough, we will try to avoid relegation because every single team is spending some money.

“You hear people saying ‘This team or that team hasn’t signed anybody yet either’…

“But they have squads that are already strong anyway.

“We know what we need to do and we must try.

27 minutes ago, OTF said:

Can we get him on a share arrangement for home games only?

:lol: apparently he was exactly the same for liverpool. only fancies it at home

46 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Antonio: West Ham >Palace

Townsend: Palace> NUFC

Ritchie: NUFC> Stoke

Shaqiri: Stoke> Liverpool

:good:

Might be on to something there, like. I assume Rondon/a striker will be sorted once Mitrovic leaves too. A centre half/full back when Mbemba goes as well

Rafa Benitez:

“We have to improve the team and that means improve the squad.

“At the moment we have the same players (as at the end of last season), more or less, that we had before.

“We are in that starting position again (at the moment).

“There are (other) positions that we have to improve, not just a striker.

“Two or three more offensive players, also need a back up in defence, or to improve the defence a little bit.”

6 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

It's all very well shifting players but we were desperate for more players anyway so we could be up shit creek if the money isn't made available.

This is going to be another one of those frustrating windows. With Rafa having to do with bargain basement buys or loanies.

11 minutes ago, trooper said:

This is going to be another one of those frustrating windows. With Rafa having to do with bargain basement buys or loanies.

Looks that way, we'll be scrapping to just make the numbers up towards deadline day, it's a fucking joke and Benitez must be sick.

Wonder what the crack is with Hayden but I hope him and his family are alright since he seems like a good kid. Could be a canny utility player as well so I wonder if a loan out could be on the cards so we don't lose him. Providing he's playing at a good level.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Looks that way, we'll be scrapping to just make the numbers up towards deadline day, it's a fucking joke and Benitez must be sick.

Gave up his summer break again to sort the transfers Ashley really is a cnut

By my reckoning, we need a new full-back, another central midfielder - maybe two now - a winger and a striker.  

Post Christmas showed that we have good partnerships through the team, a good keeper and plenty of pace on the break. You'd hope that this could be Aarons' season to finally break through if he can sort the injuries out and this has to be Armstrong's last chance to make an impression. Murphy will be looking to develop, Perez, Yedlin, Lascelles, Dummett and Atsu have all improved throughout last season and are young enough to continue with Rafa's coaching. I'm not ready to chuck in the towel yet but we need any players we do sign in sooner rather than later. Sadly, the past has shown that you're on a hiding to nowt if you still go into transfer windows expecting swift movement from this lot.

I’d love to see us go in for Loftus-Cheek, even if it was on a similar loan with option to buy deal as Kenedy. With Jorginho coming in at Chelsea the lad must surely see he’s never going to get a chance in that midfield (I know they take up different positions on the pitch but you can only play so many and with all the talk of cutting back at Chelsea they’ve just hoyed in 60m for another CM). 

It’d be a stretch with fat cunt as owner of course but I think he’d be a brilliant signing who we could play in an advanced position in front of Shelvey and Diame.