The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

14 minutes ago, Howay said:

I’d love to see us go in for Loftus-Cheek, even if it was on a similar loan with option to buy deal as Kenedy. With Jorginho coming in at Chelsea the lad must surely see he’s never going to get a chance in that midfield (I know they take up different positions on the pitch but you can only play so many and with all the talk of cutting back at Chelsea they’ve just hoyed in 60m for another CM). 

It’d be a stretch with fat cunt as owner of course but I think he’d be a brilliant signing who we could play in an advanced position in front of Shelvey and Diame. 

I don’t think we can loan loftus-cheek as we have Kenedy from Chelsea already

16 minutes ago, Howay said:

I’d love to see us go in for Loftus-Cheek, even if it was on a similar loan with option to buy deal as Kenedy. With Jorginho coming in at Chelsea the lad must surely see he’s never going to get a chance in that midfield (I know they take up different positions on the pitch but you can only play so many and with all the talk of cutting back at Chelsea they’ve just hoyed in 60m for another CM). 

It’d be a stretch with fat cunt as owner of course but I think he’d be a brilliant signing who we could play in an advanced position in front of Shelvey and Diame. 

Does kenedy deal have an option to buy like? Thought it wasn't clear meaning probably not

17 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I don’t think we can loan loftus-cheek as we have Kenedy from Chelsea already

Ah aye forgot about that one. It would been nice if we would just buy the cunt like most other PL clubs (even the ones that clearly have far lower revenue than us) fuck all chance of that with Ashley on the purse strings. 

Edited by Howay

11 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Does kenedy deal have an option to buy like? Thought it wasn't clear meaning probably not

I thought I saw it reported but tbh I don’t know. From what I read it seemed like Chelsea wanted more than Ashley was willing to pay, so I’d expect any clause to be at the price we won’t meet anyway. So aye probably irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Why?

I think there’s a ruling that you can’t have more than one long term loan from the same club at once. 

• Thanks 1

Spending continues at West Ham

Felipe Anderson has reportedly passed a medical.

He will join from Lazio in a £40m deal

Ay Caramba!  NUFC have no money, though.  We're broke as a bottle of wine.  :stars:   :rolleyes:

Looks like Townsend was part of Ashley's smoke & mirrors routine

Roy Hodgson speaking to Football.London:

“There can be as much speculation as you like….Andros Townsend has got three years on his contract, and we have no interest at all in selling Andros Townsend.

“I am not surprised that other clubs would be interested (in Andros Townsend), and there are players at other clubs who aren’t for sale that I wouldn’t mind, but we are not selling players.

“We are not a selling club at the moment, far from it.

“We are working very hard to keep the players we have got, players of big importance, and Zaha and Townsend are right up there as players we want to keep.

“And speculation can continue, the fun can continue if people want to read it, but I have no interest in it.”

Edited by trooper

So this £40-50mil we supposedly had. Topped up with the impending sales of Mitro, Merino, Mbemba and Hayden. Gives us the best part of £100mil.

3 weeks to go and we've got a free transfer, a loan and a £4mil GK.

Not sure why I'm surprised 

13 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Could be rubbish, but if not there are serious questions about why we have so little money to spend?

Benitez contract stand off? i.e option to buy only exercised if Benitez stays. Can see why players might be reluctant to commit with the uncertainty. And Ashleys position will be not to want an outgoing manager spending a fortune.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

So this £40-50mil we supposedly had. Topped up with the impending sales of Mitro, Merino, Mbemba and Hayden. Gives us the best part of £100mil.

3 weeks to go and we've got a free transfer, a loan and a £4mil GK.

Not sure why I'm surprised 

That's actually more than I thought it would be :lol:

Scary though.

45 minutes ago, Ant said:

if i was Benitez i'd walk away like, so much hassle

I don’t understand why he hasn’t resigned yet. Loans and free transfers, what a joke.

When you see the transfer business of other clubs, he must surely see he’s wasting his time with our lot of penny pinching amateurs. 

I believe, and I hope I am totally wrong, but ………………………………….

I don't see us spending big money.

I don't see us bringing in a marquis player.

I don't see Rafa getting what or who  he wants.

I don't see us matching the likes of West Ham who I think have already brought in 7 new players.

I do see us getting wannaway players from relegated teams. (already have one from Swansea)

I do see us getting free transfer players if the wages and terms are acceptable.

I do see us getting loan players if the terms are acceptable. (already have one from Chelsea)

And in reality it's a bit stupid to say we've signed 3 new players. Dubravka & Kenedy both played for us last season so you can hardly say they're new.

The South Korean is the only new face so far.

8 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Benitez contract stand off? i.e option to buy only exercised if Benitez stays. Can see why players might be reluctant to commit with the uncertainty. And Ashleys position will be not to want an outgoing manager spending a fortune.

This has a ring of truth to it, they're both waiting for someone to blink first, both knowing full well that neither will.  With Carr in place Ashley entrusted him to appoint McLaren and spend 100mill but he won't let a champions league winner look anywhere for players apart from the "bargain bin" until he signs a new contract...fuckin pitiful..

54 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This has a ring of truth to it, they're both waiting for someone to blink first, both knowing full well that neither will.  With Carr in place Ashley entrusted him to appoint McLaren and spend 100mill but he won't let a champions league winner look anywhere for players apart from the "bargain bin" until he signs a new contract...fuckin pitiful..

I read the the rumoured Rondon deal would end up costing us more than his release fee as well. Which is money that could instead be spent on doing things like improving training facilities and getting Benitez to sign :D

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Could be rubbish, but if not there are serious questions about why we have so little money to spend?

His release clause is £16m but we’re going to structure the deal in such a way so we pay £19m?

I’ve no idea on the type of forward Rondon is, didn’t really watch any WBA games. I know his goal stats are dubious, but is he more in fitting of the rafa player? IE plays the pressing game?

Think that’s why he went for salami on loan, cos he’s one of those that runs and runs all game (like Perez).

Just hope he’s not a headless chicken like Joselu.