The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, Ant said:

why is he staying like... he could walk into another champions league club with backing

instead he's putting up with this wanker and his bollocks, loyal to a fault like.

That's what it is. He's going to starve Rafa on finds this summer knowing that he'll walk away next year and then hand a shitload of money to the next Steve McClaren to walk through the door.

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That's what it is. He's going to starve Rafa on finds this summer knowing that he'll walk away next year and then hand a shitload of money to the next Steve McClaren to walk through the door.

it’s fucking idiotic. I read reports prem money comes in payments through season. Just fucking give him it now.. it’s definitely coming !!!

They pulled off the unbelievable by getting Rafa here in the first place. Then convinced him to stay after relegation  (well the fans did) .. then don’t even back him after the job he’s done over TWO summer windows.

Hoping I wake up one day to 2 or 3 signings .. and look like a mug. But history says that’s unlikely.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ewerk said:

This is what will happen as well. It's fucking ludicrous but that's pretty much the way he's run the club from the off.

20 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It’s all because Rafa doesn’t have a hair island. 

• Haha 2

Without the proper investment I'm afraid this season has disaster written all over it. Rafa must be seething on the inside as yet again he gives up his summer break only for Ashley to mug him off. 

This from today's Chronicle

The Magpies have banked £10million for Mikel Merino recently and could also net a further £25million for Aleksandar Mitrovic and Chancel Mbemba. Benitez is desperately trying to bring in a striker in the last three weeks of the window.

But the Toon boss admits his hands could be tied when it comes to bidding for top players : “It’s not necessary to say anything. As soon as the price goes a little high I know we can’t buy them.

“We have to be realistic, maybe sell some players and buy some players. It’s normal for us to think we have to be like that. The point for us is we have to adapt.

“That is the situation. Are we happy with that?

“Obviously not 100% but we try to do our best to be strong enough and we can compete"

Rafa on signings: “It depends on the movements; we’ll see how quick the others can go. Always in the window, you have to do things quickly; if not, you’re losing targets & then you go later on to players who maybe aren’t as good as you’re expecting in different positions.” #NUFC

Edited by trooper

44 minutes ago, trooper said:

Rafa on signings: “It depends on the movements; we’ll see how quick the others can go. Always in the window, you have to do things quickly; if not, you’re losing targets & then you go later on to players who maybe aren’t as good as you’re expecting in different positions.” #NUFC

Exhibit A.

joselu-mato282.png

• Like 1

If we sign a new striker, another attacking option (no 10 or winger upgrade) and “hopefully” a full back I will trust rafas judgement on who comes in. 

Hopefully (also) Murphy picks his performance up this season. He was pretty expensive for us. Blah blah like a new signing 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

rondon, townsend, loftus-cheek, luke shaw? 

Smoke & Mirrors sir distraction & diversion 

Edited by trooper

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we may as well just all kill ourselves then 

Oh stop being so dramatic you old Drama Queen :D

Edited by trooper
  • Haha 1

This from Mark Douglas

I shudder to think about what happens if Rafa goes. But Ashley seems to be happy to invite that possibility.

In a summer where season tickets have been put up, it is quite unbelievable (but also depressingly predictable).

3 minutes ago, zerosum said:

I’d take them ha.. but I’ll trust rafas call. Would love loftus cheek here for sure.

We'll be lending cheaper or free alternatives unfortunately 

Ashley has shown he'll spend what he thinks it takes to keep us in the PL and no more. He reckons Rafa has it sorted this season so no need to spend beyond the barest minimum. The inevitable result is that the teams around us continue to spend, strengthening their position, while we stand still over the course of the next 2-3 seasons (or less depending on who replaces Rafa after he goes) until we go down again, then the cycle will repeat. 

• Like 1

Rafa on transfers:

“We have some enquiries about some of our players and Lee Charnley is working on that. We will see if we have any news in the next few days. Obviously, we need to move players if we want to have money to spend on players.”

Looks like we have to sell to buy

Edited by trooper