The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

I thought he was very raw. If he's one for Rafa to work on and improve then by all means but he shouldn't be the striker we're relying on to score goals consistently.

I'd definitely take him, I don't think a reliable striker is realistically something we can get tbh, they're all a bit flaky once you get down past the very top clubs. 

I'd definitely have Origi over any of the others we've been linked with so far this summer.

• Like 1

The closer it gets to the end of the window, the more appealing Rondon looks. West Bromwich fans say he's the hardest grafter in their team and a normal sound bloke, which is probably half the reason Rafa wants him.

This is Ashley's usual trick. Grinds down our expectations so we are happy when we buy a bang average striker no one else wants

22 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The closer it gets to the end of the window, the more appealing Rondon looks. West Bromwich fans say he's the hardest grafter in their team and a normal sound bloke, which is probably half the reason Rafa wants him.

This is Ashley's usual trick. Grinds down our expectations so we are happy when we buy a bang average striker no one else wants

That Football365 piece (https://www.football365.com/news/newcastle-the-club-where-tomorrow-never-comes) PaddockLad just posted in another thread reckons we didn't even meet WBA's release clause which at £16m is something like the going rate for a good Championship striker. Not to mention his not even being amongst Benitez's initial list of desired striking options.

There was an article the other day with Rafa explaining it doesn't matter who the manager is,  the club still needs strengthening. I think he was meaning him not signing a new contract is no excuse for Ashley not allowing the team to be strengthened.

This from Caulkin

With Aleksandar Mitrovic close to completing a £20 million move to Fulham, there is money to sign Salomón Rondón, of West Bromwich Albion, but Newcastle need more.

‘Benítez wants another five players — unlikely — but even though there will be additions, they will not be from the top of his list.

1 minute ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Is it just me or is 20 million pretty cheap for a striker with potential and who does score goals (not alot but he does score more than others) especially with the way the market is nowadays?

Yeah but the football genius didn't exactly strengthen our bargaining power by making it clear the club had to sell before it could buy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Apparently offered Slimani again :lol:  Please don't.

He'll pull his thigh getting up to answer his agents phone call 

Rafa Benitez hopes to ease some of his transfer frustration by landing Salomon Rondon next week – before moving on to other targets in what promises to be a hectic final few days of the recruitment window.

Aleksandar Mitrovic’s midweek return from holiday should coincide with Fulham tying up a deal worth in the region of £20million for the striker.

But it’s understood that any fee may be paid in instalments, which means it will not all be available to boss Benitez to strengthen a squad that he feels needs to be beefed up before the August 9 deadline. That will be a frustration to Benitez but he was aware of that way Newcastle do business and that is why Rondon – avaliable at a cut-price £16.5million due to a release clause in his contract – is near the top of his hitlist.

Never saw that coming....

This summer is just getting better and better

Cant have been that much interest in him if we are accepting an instalments offer although we don't know how much or how often we would be receiving them. Still, Rafa would have wanted a one off lumper for perhaps a slightly lesser overall figure surely but I'm sure thumb head saw to that decision 'Yes Mike sir, Fenerbache have offered £16m for him up front but Fulham swooped in with a with £18m offer spread over 3 years.. yes sir, yes I know sir I'll let Rafa know he can have £4m of it this summer also I'll be waiting under your desk at the time we arranged earlier sir everything is on schedule' 

'PS mike sir, Taybarns are out of gravy' 

Edited by 247

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Fulhams owner wants to buy Wembley for £1bil

Tell him to fuck right off if he wants to buy Mitrovic in installments 

Agreed, iirc if it’s true it’s yet another example of Mike Ashley being a lying cunt as I’m fairly sure at one point he said we’d only sell players for the full fee, no installments, and buy players that way too. 

What a complete waste of time this club is with this whopper as owner. Fucking Leicester just spent £12.5M on what could be a back up keeper (I know they may be selling Schmeichal but at the moment they’re claiming Ward is competition) and we have a net profit of about £6M or so when we desperately need to improve a workmanlike squad. 

Edited by Howay

39 minutes ago, Howay said:

Agreed, iirc if it’s true it’s yet another example of Mike Ashley being a lying cunt as I’m fairly sure at one point he said we’d only sell players for the full fee, no installments, and buy players that way too. 

What a complete waste of time this club is with this whopper as owner. Fucking Leicester just spent £12.5M on what could be a back up keeper (I know they may be selling Schmeichal but at the moment they’re claiming Ward is competition) and we have a net profit of about £6M or so when we desperately need to improve a workmanlike squad. 

We only need 3 players to kick on ffs, it's baffling. A striker, CB and a backup full back and we can kick on. Don't even think we need a no.10 as we created chances a plenty last season, it's putting them away that was our problem. The twats dithered and didn't bother increasing the offer for Pléa, one of Rafa's top targets allegedly and a player that would've excited me and a few other fans had we signed him and missed out to a midtable Bundesliga side. Now we're going for Rondon.

It's beyond anger now for me, it's complete boredom. Hopefully I get into uni next year as I can't be arsed with this shitshow for much longer. 

Edited by Haydnator
  • Like 1