The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

27 mill for Origi? Fuck off man :cuppa:

:lol: I had a look as I assumed he must've done pretty well whilst out on loan and he scored 6 goals last season in the Bundesliga, according to wiki

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Alex said:

:lol: I had a look as I assumed he must've done pretty well whilst out on loan and he scored 6 goals last season in the Bundesliga, according to wiki

I'd rather stick with Dwight Gale. No worse, great in promotion season and gives a shit. If we're going to struggle regardless what difference does it make? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

£27m is the touted price for Origi. :lol: 

They’re having a laugh there like. Must have to recoup some of the spending they’ve done. I’d have thought upto a max of 12-15m in current climate for him tbh 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

I dont get how he's being punted about for 27 million and Mitrovic at 20. Same with us selling Mbemba and Merino for quite low prices with barely any profit when you see other clubs sell worse players for alot more money.

The board seem to have invented some type of device where within the walls of SJP it's still 1994 and £10m is still a huge transfer fee. Only explanation.

Edited by Skrell

18 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You couldn't make it up like. This lad is so good that Porto have let him leave on a free and paid 8mil eu to replace him with Mbemba 

I love this club. Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in.

Fenerbache is trying to get a loan deal, while Spurs insist on the inclusion of an obligated purchase clause. Think they want £10m. 

It's my understanding that Newcastle has come with a bit lower bid that has been turned down, could turn into something, Newcastle at least monitoring the situation.

Rafa was asked "will there be money to spend now Mbemba's been sold" his reply was "ask Lee Charnley"

Rafa Benitez:

“Is the current squad good enough for what we need?

“I don’t think so.

“It needs additions and that is clear – it is clear what we have to do.

There could be a new signing in time for Portugal but then I was expecting things before…

”As I have said before ( Many times!), if we have new players coming it will be good and it will be better than nothing (at this late stage).

“As a manager, you would have liked to have seen these players one month ago…but if we can do something (now), it will be better than nothing.”

Edited by trooper

Must be another serious signing in the works though, surely. 

Assuming Rondon and Mitro cancel each other out, we should have about 15m left for another player. That's assuming the goal is a net spend of zero.