The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

West Brom finishing bottom doesn’t mean Rondon is shit, Stoke went down as well and Liverpool bought Shaqiri. 

He’s a better PL player than Gayle, scoring isn’t the only thing he can do as he can lead a line and hold the ball up a bit, Gayle was basically incapable of both those things. Gayle was pretty much bullied by centre backs all season, Rondon won’t be pushed about as easily. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Howay said:

West Brom finishing bottom doesn’t mean Rondon is shit, Stoke went down as well and Liverpool bought Shaqiri. 

He’s a better PL player than Gayle, scoring isn’t the only thing he can do as he can lead a line and hold the ball up a bit, Gayle was basically incapable of both those things. Gayle was pretty much bullied by centre backs all season, Rondon won’t be pushed about as easily. 

Pickford went down with Sunderland conceding 69 goals in the process yet got a transfer for £30 million. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, trooper said:

No bother lads thanks for the explanation I guess we'll soon see what'll happen.

Whatever happens, I'm sure you'll see the silver lining!

I called it a month ago

The club would leave the Rondon signing to nigh on the last day so that the fans would be grateful for any old shit. When he was first linked no-one wanted him here and we (rightly so) had our sights set much higher 

41 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yeah 

We couldn't even buy him or swap him instead they borrow Gayle & we borrow Rondon + we pay £2 million for the privilege :o

Edited by trooper

So Ashley gives the go ahead for Rafa to get 3 new players in. "providing he works within a tight financial framework" Yet Bournemouth have just signed a £25 million midfielder 

Article on newsnow pulling up the old Danny Ings rumours again.. but I couldn’t help laugh at this paragraph and exactly the reason why he’s a big avoid for me.

He has not been involved with the Reds’ first team for most of pre-season, recovering from blisters after an early game and missing the US tour as a result.”

Sounds like we've been in talks for Thiago Maia. We spent too long negotiating a loan deal with a £20mil buy out clause and now West Ham have offered the £20mil up front.

Rafa must be so fed up of scouting players and setting up deals, only for Charnley to fuck it up yet again. Things havent moved on since they were wrecking Keegan's deals almost a decade ago 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

We know some managers are bent as fuck but a manager is totally in the dark regarding whether a player will sign of not  if a dictator of an owner like we have designates a mate to negotiate.Rafa isn't being given the chance to talk to the players .Charnley,under orders from Fatso,can easily nip a possible transfer in the bud and give Rafa a right cock and bull story about the player wanting too much and/or the selling club wanting  too much for the player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

We know some managers are bent as fuck but a manager is totally in the dark regarding whether a player will sign of not  if a dictator of an owner like we have designates a mate to negotiate.Rafa isn't being given the chance to talk to the players .Charnley,under orders from Fatso,can easily nip a possible transfer in the bud and give Rafa a right cock and bull story about the player wanting too much and/or the selling club wanting  too much for the player.

Aye I think that’s pretty much the way it is, Charnley is no doubt a total tit of a man but as you say there’s no doubt he is also under strict orders from fat Mike to botch most the deals and give Rafa some shite reason for why it didn’t happen. 

Even if the Thiago Maia story isn’t true I think by and large that’s how our transfer policy works, they basically spend fucking ages trying to wear a team down. I know there’s been issues with other clubs calling our transfer methods shambolic in the past, which is likely harming future chances as well. Even when we get shot of this fucking tumour there’ll be long lasting effects, most noticeably the reputation damage he has wrecked from a transfer standpoint and also a marketing one (as in he’s made us a right tatty club). 

Edited by Howay