The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

3 hours ago, Ant said:

Did you expect anything other than that though? i didn't which is why i'm past giving a fuck really, same shite every year

while Ashley is here it won't change, and there's fuck all that can be done about it till he's gone, not worth my time getting fucked off like i had previously, nothing comes of it.

I wasn't surprised Rafa got no money, I never thought he would as the club lost £50mil with our relegation. I am surprised that we ended up £25mil in profit as Ashley publicly announced we could spend every penny the club made.

The old criteria issue again

Benitez was offered assurances that he could sign a centre-back and a left-back earlier this week, but he has hit a brick wall on some deals after being told the players don’t fit club criteria.

They're taking the absolute piss out of the bloke now.

Edited by trooper

Troops man :lol:

Maybe you aren't as worked up as you seem to be, but if you are, just let it go. Ashley isn't worth the level of emotional trauma you seem to be going through. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Troops man :lol:

Maybe you aren't as worked up as you seem to be, but if you are, just let it go. Ashley isn't worth the level of emotional trauma you seem to be going through. 

Hard to "uncare" if that's how you feel though. I'm only a little pissed off at this point and increasingly "whatevs lol" about the whole situation but screaming blue murder seems just as valid a response. Supporting Newcastle should come with a fucking health warning these days.

4 hours ago, Alex said:

I’m pissed off but, bar the spike in interest due to Rafa, I feel like I care less with each passing transfer deadline 

In regards to the earlier discussion, this is how I feel.

I’m kind of optimistic about the season, but think it’s Rafas last unfortunately.

It seems like the club has made signings out of necessity rather than to move forward .. we’ve managed to secure the two players that made a difference on loan last season.. replaced a few that left and swapped one striker for another. I think rafa will get them playing well, but unless a buyer takes the club imo he’s gone ..

31 minutes ago, trooper said:

BREAKING NEWS

Swansea City defender Federico Fernandez has this lunchtime left Wales to complete a medical with Newcastle United, Sky sources understand.

That'll be the business done for the window then.

Can't say I'm remotely arsed about this Marlon Santos, never heard of him before yesterday and what I've heard isn't very impressive.  Fernandez would be an ok addition to the squad so I'd be fairly happy with him.

You'd hope with Rondon and Muto we've improved our striking options over last season but it's definitely disappointing that we've not improved the team anywhere else.  I still think we're lacking creativity but I suppose we created quite a bit last season but just missed a lot of chances.  If those two new strikers can put more of them away we should be ok for another assault on mid table.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

If Perez or Dummet get injured it's a massive problem. Especially Dummet. Who'd have thought that 18 months ago?:lol:

You can add Diamé to that wtf list too!

2 hours ago, trooper said:

BREAKING NEWS

Swansea City defender Federico Fernandez has this lunchtime left Wales to complete a medical with Newcastle United, Sky sources understand.

OMG Federico Fernandez, what a signing that is. Amazing work from Charnley and the club.

45 minutes ago, adios said:

You can add Diamé to that wtf list too!

Yeah but there is conceivable cover for Dr Mo in Ki... there's nothing for the other two. Unless there's a left back in the reserves?  :unsure:

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah but there is conceivable cover for Dr Mo in Ki... there's nothing for the other two. Unless there's a left back in the reserves?  :unsure:

kenedy can play left back also i think .. not that I’d like to see him there!

Edited by zerosum

2 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Wikipedia list his current club as Newcastle.

Fernandez?  Medical done and deal to be announced shortly according to the Chronicle.

They're cutting it close to do these other 3 deals in under an hour!