The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Have people forgotten we have Lazaar at LB?

I actually did :lol: His debut in the cup was one of the most shocking performances I've ever seen. Every cross he hit had about 10 yards too much on it. Did alright in the further round against Hull, like.

Saivet is also still on the books :lol: I'd keep him around tbf. Good for one screaming free kick a season

The fool that is Paul Merson thinks we've had the joint third best transfer window in the Premier League.  Annoying cunt down there with the worst of them.

Newcastle: B+

Major ins: Martin Dubravka (Sparta Prague, undisclosed), Kenedy (Chelsea, loan), Yoshinori Muto (Mainz, undisclosed), Salomon Rondon (West Brom, loan), Fabian Schar (Deportivo, £3m), Ki Sung-yueng (Swansea, free), Federico Fernandez (Swansea, £6m)

Major outs: Adam Armstrong (Blackburn, £1.75m), Jack Colback (Nottingham Forest, loan), Chancel Mbemba (Schalke, undisclosed), Mikel Merino (Real Sociedad, undisclosed), Matz Sels (Strasbourg, £3.5m)

MERSE SAYS: I like Kenedy, I thought he did really well last year. I don't mind Salomon Rondon, I know they let Dwight Gayle and Mitrovic go, but if they can get him going, he's a handful. I don't know much about a couple of the other players, but keeping Kenedy on loan is a big deal for them, he was one of their best players last season. People are worried about Newcastle, but I'm not worried about them. I think they'll be alright.

11 minutes ago, McFaul said:

Chancel Mbemba (Schalke, undisclosed),

He might be an utter cunt but at least he gets his facts straight.

21 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

News out Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, Alberta radio suggests that even though the transfer window shut Newcastle are not done with their selling.

I reckon Saivet and Lazaar will yet be shifted. 

The money will mysteriously disappear down the back of Fatty's sofa before Christmas and we'll be back to wiping our own noses or whatever bullshit it'll be this time. 

I am impressed that we didn't bother with the fake deadline day bids this time and went out and actually secured cover for a position we need. All the same, 20m+ profit yet again. This club will go nowhere as long as Ashley owns it - no need for hysterics, nothing's changed, we've known that for the better part of a decade now. We are where we started this window, roughly speaking. The same depressing, soul-sucking, exhausting, occasionally brilliant Newcastle United.

That was a pretty shit transfer window even by our standards. Our attacking options look limited and we’re massively gambling on injuries (again). Basically a kick in the nuts for Rafa and the supporters, and no way to run a football club.

15 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Merse is a massive bellend but he's right, we will be alright but that's not exactly progression.

A couple of injuries and we could easily be watching a relegation scrap or worse.

Newcastle United have made a net profit of £20.6m on deals in and out, which could actually rise to £26.85m if both Mitrovic and Armstrong hit certain targets for their new clubs.

I hope Rafa tells us who his real targets were this window

8 hours ago, Haydnator said:

'Mixed news, unfortunately it doesn't look like Marlon Santos will be walking up the hill to the cathedral on Barrack road. However ah managed to win the meat draw at the Seaton Deleval social club last night and am fucking certain Sandra behind the bar is after my sword of many delights. She said she luvved me new duffel coat. Fucking getting it!!!'

Lee-Ryder.jpg

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, adios said:

A couple of injuries and we could easily be watching a relegation scrap or worse.

Even without injuries it will be a very difficult season. On paper I don’t consider the new players to be a significant improvement considering the players they did replace. Only Rondon probably does add something new to the squad.

Last season’s success very much did depend on an incredible run late into the season and some players playing out of their skin. A dip in form from the likes of Dubravka, Diame and Shelvey will lead to results probably looking like those in the first part of last season.

The prospect of losing Benitez at the end of the season will have a destabilising effect as well.

The difference between NUFC and Fulham is pretty stark. I think it’s inevitable with our approach that we will get relegated sooner or later after Rafa goes. Only a change of owner will make any difference to our prospects. 

1 hour ago, Kitman said:

The difference between NUFC and Fulham is pretty stark. I think it’s inevitable with our approach that we will get relegated sooner or later after Rafa goes. Only a change of owner will make any difference to our prospects. 

Aye. :gettin:

2 hours ago, Kitman said:

Right, I've been largely indifferent to them in the past, but I hope that Fulham do well having shown some ambition. Also would like to see Mitrovic continue to perform for them.

The status quo for Newcastle when it comes to transfer windows (and most other things tbh) is frustration, and this window for the most part has been no different.

There was actually some decent business done for us. Yoshinori Mutō looks to be a player who will bring additional pace and dynamism to us in a variety of positions. He's not going to score a load of goals, but hopefully his energy will create space and chances in particular for Rondón. For me Rondón is a clear improvement on Mitrovic, not surprising given he's a fair few years older than the Serb. He has the physical presence of Mitrovic but adds significantly in the effort and movement stakes and the fact that he's played consistently in this league means that despite the lateness of his arrival, he should still be able to hit the ground running. Only being on loan is cause for concern though, I'd have to imagine that there is a forced option to buy for us if certain criteria are met, otherwise he's out of contract with West Brom at the end of the year and will leave for nothing.

From everything we know of  Ki Sung-yueng he should be a consistent performer in midfield when called upon, perhaps necessary if Diamé doesn't pick up where he left off. Ki should work well alongside Shelvey, or when necessary paired with Diamé. It's fantastic to have Kenedy return, we're a much more threatening side with him on the pitch. The key for me is that he's still a hard worker defensively. The frustration here is that we didn't sign him permanently.

Realistically it will take Fabian Schär a while to adjust to the increase in pace and general physicality from Spain. He's a well regarded player but only time will tell whether he's a good fit at Newcastle and in the Premier League. The loss of Lejeune for at best most of the season is a huge one, but will afford Schär and Clark more of an opportunity. The last minute arrival of Fernandez is a key one. Without him we'd have been relying too much on Clark and Schär. I'd expect now Fernandez will slot in alongside Lascelles and Clark and Schär will provide the cover, or perhaps Rafa will give Clark and Lascelles a few games together first with Fernandez at the ready to come in if Clark doesn't take the opportunity. It's a difficult one with Clark as he has looked a very good player on occasion, but he's also shown that he's got a few errors in his game. Once again the ability of our defense to keep out goals will be critical to our chances, we're unlikely to have vastly increased our goal scoring ability with our purchases.

The permanent signing of Dúbravka was a no brainer, not even Charnley could get that wrong.

A window of frustration could quite easily have been a positive one if it saw the money from the mutually beneficial sale of Mitrovic reinvested along with some of the additional TV earnings. For me I'd have been relatively happy with the window if Rondon and Kenedy were signed permanently and there was an additional purchase of a quality number 10 (20 million pounds plus). We'd still be short of strike power up top, but critically it may have been enough to keep Rafa happy, and more likely to extend his time here. Instead, it will go down as yet another wasted opportunity for the club to move in the right direction. At this rate the next step will be for Ashley to continue his gamble, bringing in a low pedigree or washed up manager on a significantly lesser contract.

• Like 2