The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

Quality that we've got these 2 in. I dont want to be the one to put a downer on it but lets be real here, we know we were scouting Almerion through the summer so why the fuck didnt Ashley just pull the trigger then? Its so fucking frustrating man, think about what it took for him to spend some mon- uh.. take out a loan :lol::lol: 

The dreaded hope is back now.. maybe he will fuck off after all this summer and Rafa will sign a 5 year deal with new owners. LMAO

Edited by 247
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

A desperation signing for fear of Benitez leaving. Benitez should leave anyway, if one average fee player convinces him that Ashley has turned the corner then he's pretty gullible

Thats exactly what im saying mate, it literally took Benitez saying he might walk if we dont sign anyone for him to do so. Rafas a much smarter man than that im sure.

Edited by 247

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We've let Murphy, Roberts and Aarons go. Given we play with 2 wingers we really need more than 3 in the squad. We dont even own 1 of them 

Atsu, Ritchie, Kenedy + Almiron and this Barreca kid can both apparently play as attacking wide men too.

Mind you, do we really play with out and out 2 wingers? I've thought it was wingbacks and two attacking midfielders who start fairly central? If I'm right you can add Muto and Perez to the above. 

Yeah im expecting to see Perez on the wing/inside forward a bit now with Almerion playing in the #10 role, we really could have done with that lad from Nantes in so Perez and Almerion could compete for the #10 spot but we are owned by Mike Ashley so

Edited by 247

More cover would be good but we’re still in a better position than we were you would think, even in wide positions, as those who’ve been allowed to leave are probably cover at best. And I seem to remember Perez having played wide a bit. He’s not good enough to play as a no. 10 anyway but he’s played there because we haven’t had anyone else

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Square pegs in round holes though. The wing back formation has been forced because our only left back is currently injured. For most of the season our wingers have naturally pulled wide and gone at the opposition full backs. 

Benitez seems to like the 3 CBs though and when that's arguably our strongest position it makes sense to keep using it. Can't imagine we're going to change to a 4-4-2, or owt.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

More cover would be good but we’re still in a better position than we were you would think, even in wide positions, as those who’ve been allowed to leave are probably cover at best. And I seem to remember Perez having played wide a bit. He’s not good enough to play as a no. 10 anyway but he’s played there because we haven’t had anyone else

We’ve been crying out for a proper number  10 for years. Hopefully this Paraguayan kid hits the ground running.

Knowing our luck, he’ll look mint then get his leg broken in his second game, a’la Ben Arfa