The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

5 hours ago, ewerk said:

The guy has been in the top five solid performers every season since he signed for us. Ridiculous to let him go.

Last good pay day, perhaps? :huh:

He's been a good servant to the club and instrumental in fostering a good work ethic. Fine with him going if we get a proper left back in to replace him.

Dwight Gayle saying goodbye to West Brom fans on Twitter. Apparently he has no desire to play in the Championship next season. Which is a shame as he clearly can't cut it in the Premier league but will get championship promotion chasers 20+goals every season. 

• Like 1

I don't mind him staying as a back-up. Can't see us signing someone better as well as someone first choice. Some increased quality in other attacking positions might bring more out of him too. We weren't exactly a side ideal for showcasing a striker's talents last season 

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

i can understand why gayle fancies another crack at proving himself in the PL. he can do it in the championship, we all know that. shame though as a part exchange for rondon might have suited both parties and persuaded ashley to part with the required cash

Kenedy has been sent back to Chelsea, what a dreadful season hes had.

Clearly some level of talent there given his first stint with us but he's not cutting it in a top european league, wonder where he'll end up next

Rumours of Juan Mata.

:pmsl: 

If those are his two options, and he was ever persuaded to join us for whatever bizarre reason, the mackems wouldnt be able to handle it :D

That schtick about players choosing us over Barcelona is something they like to bring up quite a bit. Would be joyous to see them squirm.

That said, clearly if those are his two options, it's never going to happen..! Not that it would have even if his two options were us and Berwick, since we would never pay his wages.

Edited by Rayvin

mata the exact opposite of an Ashley signing: over 30, no sell on potential, on a massive wedge/looking for a final pay day. ridiculous rumour. 

• Like 2

Aye he’s on about £140k a week and going on a free so it’ll likely be higher. Plus if there’s any truth in Barca being interested he’d go there even if we tried to pay more. 

:lol: We could sell him for £100m and have £5m of it added to the transfer budget, then the next accounts come out and the debt to Ashley will have grown.

“Well the fing is, we were havin a pwopah nawty pub lock in, I was eyeing up the laaahvly fuckin fireplace in the corner for a good old spew, when that creepy specky dry lunch Charnaz had no wonga for his round. Daahhnt worry Lee you fat slaaag oi said, I’ll just pile it on the debt. My aaahn fakin slush fund it is”

• Haha 4

Mario Fernandes is the latest one linked. Fake Russian who looked excellent in the World Cup, even if that is a foolish thing to do when rating a player. The sticking point may well be his £26 million asking price :lol: 

The start of the windows are great when you see the players that Rafa would like to go after, even if we didn't get them i.e. Mata and Fernandes and then you compare them to the ones we end up with.

19 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: We could sell him for £100m and have £5m of it added to the transfer budget, then the next accounts come out and the debt to Ashley will have grown.

“Well the fing is, we were havin a pwopah nawty pub lock in, I was eyeing up the laaahvly fuckin fireplace in the corner for a good old spew, when that creepy specky dry lunch Charnaz had no wonga for his round. Daahhnt worry Lee you fat slaaag oi said, I’ll just pile it on the debt. My aaahn fakin slush fund it is”

:lol: The sad thing is that this isn’t far away from what I imagine it’s actually like with these idiots.

*Charnleys sat in his office and calls Ashley*

”Hello sir.. *music blasting through phone from whichever shit bar Ashley is getting pissed in* yes yes it’s Lee, so West Bro- no Charnley.. Char-.. no no, yeah it’s Charners YEAH ITS CHARNERS.... CHARNLEY MIKE, it’s LEE CHARNLEY. Yes Mike, so West Brom have just called me and said they won’t take 8 for Rondon.. SALOMÓN RONDON.. yes the one Rafa wan- offer them what? £8. what? £8.5? Right right then.. Rafa wants this lad so it’s probably a good idea we up our offer. What’s that? No I don’t have David O’ Learys number.. no no but I could get hold of it..... Debenhams? No I’ve heard nuffink back yet. Yeah yeah alright, listen Sir I’ve got to get off the phone my takeaways getting cold.. yes takea- no I went to Raajs.. yeah it’s alright.. okay sir, have a good night then.”

*puts down phone and picks up fork*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1