The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

On 7/1/2018 at 12:41, Howay said:

Kenedy would be class to get. My only real reservation on this is if the prices being quoted are true we’d be breaking our transfer record twice in one window. 

He's ended up at Reading. We dodged a bullet there.

43 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He's ended up at Reading. We dodged a bullet there.

Aye after the initial 6 month loan he was fucking dreadful last year. Iirc he had statistically the worst game in PL history early on in the season something like no completed passes, every shot off target, then a red card. 

Dubravka

Manquillo        Lascelles          Schar          Ritchie

Longstaff     Shelvey

Maxim                 Joelinton                Almiron

Carroll

Edited by LooneyToony

I can’t help but feel we’re looking really light in centre mid.

Longstaff and Shelvey are both pretty attacking, we basically only have Hayden who I guess could play the holding role, there was an article saying Bruce doesn’t want Colback (understandable), Ki I guess could fill in at DM but again it’s not really his role. Unless we are going to set up with Longstaff and Shelvey with Almiron ahead of them playing off Joelinton but it seems a bit too aggressive for the level we are. 

34 minutes ago, Howay said:

I can’t help but feel we’re looking really light in centre mid.

Longstaff and Shelvey are both pretty attacking, we basically only have Hayden who I guess could play the holding role, there was an article saying Bruce doesn’t want Colback (understandable), Ki I guess could fill in at DM but again it’s not really his role. Unless we are going to set up with Longstaff and Shelvey with Almiron ahead of them playing off Joelinton but it seems a bit too aggressive for the level we are. 

Don't forget Henri Saivet.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Lazaar, Saivet et al won't make the squad of 25. Id imagine they will be loaned out to European clubs again 

pretty strange the Lazaar thing. Bruce raved about him while on loan last season. Now out the door.

5 hours ago, zerosum said:

pretty strange the Lazaar thing. Bruce raved about him while on loan last season. Now out the door.

Was never going to get a game, however good he was at Wednesday.  He was never going to call him shite, either

Edited by RobinRobin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

What happened to Aaron’s? He looked half decent when he first broke through. Is he just dog shit then?

He had a lot of injuries from 17 years old to 20 which I guess have ruined his development.

• 2 months later...

Arsenal believe that Granit Xhaka will ask to leave the club in January after being stripped of the captaincy, with Newcastle United ready to make a move.

Xhaka is concerned that losing his place in Arsenal’s starting line-up will also jeopardise his chances of playing in next year’s European Championship should Switzerland qualify. He has been given no assurances when or if he will return since he fell out with Unai Emery over the head coach’s request that he apologised for swearing and cupping his ear in response to being booed by home fans when he was substituted against Crystal Palace two weeks ago.

He has been left out of Arsenal’s past two matches but is expected to report to training today. Xhaka recognises that he needs to play regularly to retain his place in the Switzerland squad, which he captains. If he is omitted from Arsenal’s next few matches, starting against Leicester City tomorrow, it is expected that he will seek a move in the January transfer window.

Xhaka’s position appears untenable and Steve Bruce is ready to offer the player a lifeline. The Newcastle manager is a big admirer and is keen to add a player of Xhaka’s experience to the heart of his midfield, having admitted that he would like more running power in that area.

Bruce is open to the possibility of a short-term deal if it could be negotiated to benefit all parties. Xhaka’s estimated £130,000-a-week salary appears out of Newcastle’s reach, although the signing of Miguel Almirón raised the bar for the squad’s top earner above the previous level of £80,000 a week.

Newcastle could offer Arsenal a significant percentage of the player’s salary, while offering Xhaka the opportunity to be playing regularly in the Premier League before Euro 2020 in the summer.

Xhaka joined Arsenal from Borussia Mönchengladbach for £35 million in 2016 and signed a contract last year until 2023, worth £100,000 a week. He has been upset at his treatment by Emery and the club since the incident against Palace. He wanted to issue a statement the following day explaining his state of mind at the time but could not agree on the wording with the club.

The statement he made on Instagram last week — revealing death threats made against his wife and messages wishing his daughter got cancer — then appeared as his matchday programme notes for the match against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday. He was not aware that the club would be doing that and was further annoyed that an introductory sentence was added to his words without his approval.

I don't know that much about Xhaka as a player, but CM is definitely a position we need to strengthen in. Too many average players in that position currently.

S. Longstaff will hopefully come good in the next couple of seasons but Shelvey only turns it on after he's been dropped. Ki is likely moving on, Hayden is a good squad player. We've got no one as good as an in form Cabaye, Tiote, Wijnaldum etc. 

He's mates with Schar so might make the move. I'd imagine he's on top wages though 

49 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I don't know that much about Xhaka as a player, but CM is definitely a position we need to strengthen in. Too many average players in that position currently.

S. Longstaff will hopefully come good in the next couple of seasons but Shelvey only turns it on after he's been dropped. Ki is likely moving on, Hayden is a good squad player. We've got no one as good as an in form Cabaye, Tiote, Wijnaldum etc. 

He's mates with Schar so might make the move. I'd imagine he's on top wages though 

was all sounding quite promising till the last bit.

• Haha 2