The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Championship should be fun

I understand knee jerk doom and gloom after a poor result but we're really no better and no worse than the rest of the shit surrounding us.  Ashley in all likelyhood knows this too and is maybe gambling on Rafa being the difference, with the kicker of him being able to say " fackin champions league winner should've kept us up!", should the worst come to the worst. 

As it stands, it's a toss up whether we go down or not. Fairly plain if you ask me Rafas got to deal with the deck he's got and with PCP playing hardball on the price for the club then I can't see anything changing till we know which division we'll be playing in next season. 

Have a pleasant Monday everyone :hi:

Todays Rafa's first deadline day 

“But I have confidence that Mike Ashley will deliver what we need to stay in the Premier League before 20 January. By 15 or 20 January we have to have everything done.”

It's looking like he's done you over again Rafa

It clearly is sell to buy. So the club has no money available for transfers.

The TV deal windfall I guess isn't relevant until next season? This season is perhaps demonstrating the consequences of us going down.

It's baffling. We have a £20m transfer surplus under Rafa. We obviously made a loss in last year but that should be largely covered by the £20m. So there should be money there to spend based on this season's income.

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It clearly is sell to buy. So the club has no money available for transfers.

The TV deal windfall I guess isn't relevant until next season? This season is perhaps demonstrating the consequences of us going down.

You're over thinking it.

Do we not get it until the end of the season or something? To be fair, last season was the first year of the TV deal and the big spending in the PL didn't occur until the summer just gone...

1 minute ago, trooper said:

Honest question if you were Rafa would you stay or go? i'd run a millionnmikes away you can't work under these conditions 

I'd stay until I knew whether or not the takeover was coming.

He'd look a right fucking idiot if he left now in a huff and then some rich loons took over and were splurging hundreds of millions over the next couple of years.

I'm absolutely certain Rafa knew what he was signing up for, he came to us as we got relegated. He knew then, he knows now, he's being patient.

Plenty of people who work in the real world work with budgets that are "too low", if there is a possibility that that would be remedied and more in the next few months then you'd have to be Steven Taylor levels of stupid to chuck it in rather than wait, there is no downside at all to him waiting it out.

If there is not enough buy or loan money forthcoming in this window, if  there is no quality players added to the squad in this window, and if a takeover doesn't happen, there's a good chance Rafa will walk away at end of season, and no one could blame him for not wanting more of Ashley's persona.

The fact we are 2 weeks into the January window and there is no sign or hint of budget or players, is a bad omen.

19 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Do we not get it until the end of the season or something? To be fair, last season was the first year of the TV deal and the big spending in the PL didn't occur until the summer just gone...

Newcastle have already recieved the first bit of tv money this season.

Keegan

Hughton

Shearer

All loved by the fans & players all too good for Ashley. I can see Rafa joining this list soon he's far better than to have to put up with Ashley's arseing about. It'll be a sad day when it happens but it's what Ashley deserves.

1 hour ago, trooper said:

Keegan

Hughton

Shearer

All loved by the fans & players all too good for Ashley. I can see Rafa joining this list soon he's far better than to have to put up with Ashley's arseing about. It'll be a sad day when it happens but it's what Ashley deserves.

Ashley won't give a fuck, he's selling up no matter if we buy some players or not or if we stay up or not.