The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

43 minutes ago, trooper said:

We're ok then Alex as we've only borrowed Kenedey.

Didn't say we were ok. Just because we're desperate I don't want us to sign dross for the sake of it though

Defo need backup if Sturridge is coming in, though obviously he's a fucking excellent proposition if he's fit.

2 days though. :lol:  Is this even real life?

That'll do. Ideally we would also shift Mitrovic and buy or loan another striker as cover for Sturridge/Gayle's inevitable injuries in the run-in. 

We're also worryingly flat in midfield and need a playmaker. Atsu, Murphy and Ritchie are industrious but not exactly the most creative players, and to add to that, Ritchie is bang out of form. Shelvey is as likely to be sent off as produce a good ball, Merino has flattered to deceive, I'm still not entirely sure Saivet plays for us since his appearances are so random and he never gets a run in the team, and Hayden is purely defensive. I'll not hold my breath though. 

Would be an excellent coup I have to say. However, ideally I'd want another striker in because if Sturridge gets injured we're back to square one. And how often has Sturridge managed 14 games in a row?

It's just crazy that, if we've made Jorgensen our top target and believe he's what we need, we won't go up to £20m for him. Ashley is surely insane.

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand Newcastle have made an enquiry to Liverpool about taking Daniel Sturridge on loan.

Their number one target remains Feyenoord striker Nicolai Jorgensen, but they’re exploring alternatives.

Newcastle have had two bids, the latest being £15m, turned down for Jorgensen with Feyenoord wanting £20m.

We've made an enquiry:D

Edited by trooper

21 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I confidently predict that Sturridge won't end up here.  In fact I'm almost certain we will sign no one.

Agreed. This could just as equally be a shot across Feyenoord's bows, which isn't likely to work either seeing as they've apparently not got a replacement for Jorgensen lined up.