The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

23 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Looks like we've agreed a loan deal for Tammy Abraham 

Had a great season last year and he's got everything you want in a striker, that is a very logical signing. Happy with that.

1 minute ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Had a great season last year and he's got everything you want in a striker, that is a very logical signing. Happy with that.

Short termism and risky though. We need some gauranteed top level goals from somewhere. 

I would imagine Chelsea will want guarantees on game time for  Abraham.

I wonder if Rafa intends playing a little and large strike force in Gayle and Abraham.

It's a head scratcher this one.

You would have thought we'd be going in for a top striker on a permanent move rather than an untested striker on loan that is so young, unless Chelsea haven't put any stipulations on how we utilise him.

I'm not saying he would be a bad signing mind. He would be a good loan signing if he's used as part of a rotation, as and when required.

It'll be interesting to see how all this will pan out when we add more to the ranks as well as trimming the surplus.

There's his full name.

Tammy is just a nickname and it's a good job because his football shirt would have to be made as big as hot air balloon material to get his full name on it. 

Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo Abraham.

Aye, it's all a bit footy manager saying Chelsea will demand he plays. He has never played a premier league game afaik, so if he comes to us and plays 10 games then it's still better than zero at Chelsea.

Maybe Chelsea are just biding their time in offloading Abraham and waiting to see if his value can rise a bit higher before allowing him to leave.

Like a lot of potentials at money bag clubs like Chelsea, 99% of them tend to get loaned out, with a very good proportion of them actually making huge progress during their loan spells, only for Chelsea to bring them back and plant them on the bench or into the background once again.

This is when players get frustrated and demand moves.

It's like a cattle market.

37 minutes ago, wolfy said:

I would imagine Chelsea will want guarantees on game time for  Abraham.

I wonder if Rafa intends playing a little and large strike force in Gayle and Abraham.

It's a head scratcher this one.

You would have thought we'd be going in for a top striker on a permanent move rather than an untested striker on loan that is so young, unless Chelsea haven't put any stipulations on how we utilise him.

I'm not saying he would be a bad signing mind. He would be a good loan signing if he's used as part of a rotation, as and when required.

It'll be interesting to see how all this will pan out when we add more to the ranks as well as trimming the surplus.

Its almost like it's only the 2nd of June

On 16 May 2017 at 1:36 PM, Anorthernsoul said:

Happy with that to be fair, I like him and he finished the season strongly so will be full of confidence. He's quick and can put a decent ball into the box, in today's market that fee is penny's aswell.

I would have preferred having him on another season long loan.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

"Chelsea will want assurances that he's not just going to sit on the bench"

Like they did with Atsu?

They wanted shot of Atsu though, sounds like they just want this kid to develop. It's a bit shit knowing that the better he plays the less likely he'd be to join. Bit like when we had Remy

I don't understand Abraham at all.  An unproven striker at top level is not what we need at all for me.  If we end up with him and someone else proven who's going to be ahead of him in the pecking order then fair enough but if we'd be bringing him in to play a lot then I don't get it.

51 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I don't understand Abraham at all.  An unproven striker at top level is not what we need at all for me.  If we end up with him and someone else proven who's going to be ahead of him in the pecking order then fair enough but if we'd be bringing him in to play a lot then I don't get it.

Presumably we're either selling some of what we've got already (Mitro) or we're not buying any other forwards. You're basically right though.

56 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Presumably we're either selling some of what we've got already (Mitro) or we're not buying any other forwards. You're basically right though.

I know Mitro didn't set the world alight last season but he's already played in the top league in three countries as well as international football.  For all that Abraham looks a prospect, I'd have more faith in Mitro than him at this stage.  And I don't have enough faith in Mitro.

I think mitro will probably be offloaded, mainly because Rafa doesn't seem to fancy him and if couldn't trust him against championship defences, he's unlikely to change his view before next season. Shame as he has looked a genuine prospect in glimpses but then he's been pretty poor at times too so it shouldn't come as a massive surprise if he is moved on.

I think trust is the key word.  For whatever reason (discipline or inability to carry out instructions maybe) Rafa doesn't trust him.  Unless he feels that he can coach him to the point that he will have that trust, I don't think he'll stay.