The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

Thanks for the pop psychology roulette session.  What do I owe you?

It's meant in good spirits fwiw. ;)  

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, LooneyToony said:

I'm flattered that one of the narcissists here that go around putting other people down on this board is taking time for me.  Thanks dude! :lol:    :nufc:

Well it’s either that or he just thinks your patter’s lifting. I do anyway 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Well it’s either that or he just thinks your patter’s lifting. I do anyway 

Understood, and thank you. 

It's all about the context of the comment.  For instance, what if I merely say to you Alex, Adios' tallywacker is double the size of yours, and not only that, it vibrates at six different speeds.  How would you interpret that, eh? :unsure2:

Jorgensen looked a mixed bag against Australia. Lovely assist but times where he made the wrong decision and looked pedestrian. Dunno if I'm happy we didn't sign him or not. He's certainly better than Joselu.

4 hours ago, LooneyToony said:

Understood, and thank you. 

It's all about the context of the comment.  For instance, what if I merely say to you Alex, Adios' tallywacker is double the size of yours, and not only that, it vibrates at six different speeds.  How would you interpret that, eh? :unsure2:

I’d only be repeating myself 

• Haha 1

On 21.6.2018 at 16:34, Ant said:

mental, transfers are just totally out of control the last few seasons,  Someone stuck this up the other day that just underlines how crazy they've got in a short time.

Toni Kroos went to Madrid in 2014 for £30m

at that point, he was 24 and had won 3x Bundesliga titles, 2x german cups, german charity shield, champions league, super cup, world club cup, and a world cup.

£30m got you a world-class multiple title-winning superstar midfielder in his mid 20's

Now £20m gets you someone like Ihenacho or Nathan Ake who "may" come good but is yet to do anything, or someone like Aurier who failed to make it at the top and their club trying to recoup some money

It’s different fees for selling a player to an English club or anywhere else. 

It's looking like fatty is going to fuck rafa over again, (who knew?), so it'll be another backs to the wall job next season with players having to give their all again. Shaqiri doesn't seem the type to thrive on that although admittedly Rafa may get a better tune out of him than Hughes or Lambert. Or he may not feel the need to waste his time and instead coach young players who are hungry and willing to listen. It just about got us 10th last season but you've also got to look at what our squad will look like as well. No Kenedy and if we were to lose lascelles things might be a bit tighter than last season. All these things will have to be taken into account when you have the joys of being involved with Mike Ashley's football club once known as Newcastle United.