Merino - £10mil

Mbemba - £6.5mil

Sels - £3.5mil

Haidara - Free

Colback - Free

Gamez - Free

= £22mil profit

6 minutes ago, trooper said:

Would it be wrong to put money on us being relegated this season ? Just asking for a friend 

Not really, I'll be doing it when Rafa goes. As it goes, I think he'll be the difference, especially if we can become consistent at the back like we showed during last year's good run(s). It seems like we're having some positive movement on transfers too but every time the stories start popping up, they quickly go very quiet so it's hard to get too optimistic on that front.

Rafa

“I said last year, and I am saying this year again, that when you are talking about so much money from the TV, it is crucial to stay in the Premier League if you want to compete.

“If you go down, the next year is even more difficult because the difference in money is massive.

Hopefully, we can do well in the next weeks and we can improve the squad enough to at least be competitive next year.”

48 minutes ago, baggie192 said:

Evening lads I hope you don't mind me dropping by. Always have a laugh when we play each other. What do you make of the Gayle loan for Rondon loan rumours? Cheers and good luck for the rest of the season

[David Niven] Fuck off [/David Niven]

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Let me sail, let me sail, let the Yoshinodi Muto 
Let me reach, let me beach on the shores of Tripoli.
Let me sail, let me sail, let me crash upon your shore.
Let me reach, let me beach far beyond the Yellow Sea.
De de de de de...
Sail away, sail away, sail away 

1 hour ago, baggie192 said:

Evening lads I hope you don't mind me dropping by. Always have a laugh when we play each other. What do you make of the Gayle loan for Rondon loan rumours? Cheers and good luck for the rest of the season

You're probably getting the better deal since Gayle is lethal in the Championship. He got 23 league goals for us and he missed about 15 games through injury. I've no doubt he'd have smashed through 30 in our set-up. He's always moving and comes alive around the six-yard box with a proper finisher's instinct. Can sometimes be a bit wasteful but there was games in our promotion season where he'd be quiet and still come away with a brace. I'd rather you were getting Joselu, put it that way.

35 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

So much for us breaking our transfer record 2 or 3 times this window. I know the local journalists have a tough job but they really do just make shit up most of the time 

Not necessarily. They can have contacts within the club who divulge the plan at the time but it’s impossible to predict what Ashley will do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

You're probably getting the better deal since Gayle is lethal in the Championship. He got 23 league goals for us and he missed about 15 games through injury. I've no doubt he'd have smashed through 30 in our set-up. He's always moving and comes alive around the six-yard box with a proper finisher's instinct. Can sometimes be a bit wasteful but there was games in our promotion season where he'd be quiet and still come away with a brace. I'd rather you were getting Joselu, put it that way.

One thing I willl say is Pulis was a c**t whose style was take the lead from a set peice then try and defend it for the rest of the game. He destroyed his confidence playing him as utility instead of an out and out striker. I think Rafa would get something out of him Pulis never tried. When pardew came the rot was there and too late

You never know. He might be to Rafa what Bellamy was to SBR. I remember not fancying him at all before he signed and turned out to be class.

I’m not happy Gayle is being released while Joselu is still on the books. Gayle at least gives you an option of pace in behind. Joselu is just a donkey

8 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Must be another serious signing in the works though, surely. 

Assuming Rondon and Mitro cancel each other out, we should have about 15m left for another player. That's assuming the goal is a net spend of zero.

A net spend of zero prices in the cost of the player’s wages and agents fees. This is how these chumps work

Appears Brighton have signed their 8th player, an Iranian world cup player. He's a striker and that's at least 3 strikers Hughton has signed so far. Heads up Rafa.

Unfortunately we’ve seen the current shitshow time and again. We leave our business till the last minute either because we’re lowballing on wages and fees or because we dont want to pay wages in June/July. We give rafa little money to spend and drag our heels when he does line up transfers. So what happens is all the decent players sign elsewhere and we end up rummaging in the bin end for free transfers and loans. Cue high fives between Charnley and Ashley for another successful window (for the bank manager)

• Like 1