The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

Aye, I wonder if it’s going to be the loan swap that was discussed or if we’re going to actually buy him. I’d probably prefer we just bought him, it’d surely be more of a confidence boost for him since he knows he has a release clause far lower than we just sold Mitro for. 

Last season we put a lot of crosses in but had no presence in the box, Rondon at 6’ 2” is far more of a physical presence than we have so that alone will likely be a plus. 

Rondon played in a team that finished bottom. 

Rafa obviously sees Rondon as the type of striker he wants leading his line, he’s not the top option but he must want that type of player. He’ll help us make the ball stick a bit more up front, and since he’s about 3” taller than Gayle and more powerfully built he’s more likely to get on the end of the crosses Kenedy and Ritchie put in. 

7 minutes ago, Howay said:

Rafa obviously sees Rondon as the type of striker he wants leading his line, he’s not the top option but he must want that type of player. He’ll help us make the ball stick a bit more up front, and since he’s about 3” taller than Gayle and more powerfully built he’s more likely to get on the end of the crosses Kenedy and Ritchie put in. 

I hope your right i guess we'll soon see less than a fortnight to the Spurs games

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

I just looked it up out of interest - Newcastle scored 39 goals last sesason with West Brom scoring 31 while Liverpool scored 84.  It's not much of a difference between the former two.

I think people will like rondon, he really grafts, is big, strong, good in the air and quicker than he looks. 

If he can score a good number of goals remains to be seen like

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adios said:

I just looked it up out of interest - Newcastle scored 39 goals last sesason with West Brom scoring 31 while Liverpool scored 84.  It's not much of a difference between the former two.

Aye but the start of the season was Pulis which even WBA fans have said didn’t suit Rondon. Then from December until April they had Pardew, which as we all know means a dearth of chances and there was a bit of an uptick in defenders scoring (I think they managed 12 goals in total under him). 

I’m not saying Rondon is brilliant but I think he’ll be better in the PL than Gayle was, especially with the amount of crossing our lot seem to do. 

I also think even if he doesn’t score loads he will mean the ball sticks up front more, and he will create chances for Perez or Muto. Whereas Gayle’s hold up play was non-existent. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Howay said:

I think he’ll be better in the PL than Gayle was, especially with the amount of crossing our lot seem to do. 

I also think even if he doesn’t score loads he will mean the ball sticks up front more, and he will create chances for Perez or Muto.

Totally agree with this from what little I know about Rondon.

• Like 1

Setmestraightwillyelike.

I keep reading about 22m for Mitro?

Just talked to a mate in Kenton who follows Newcastle and he said it was 10m that was been talked about, not 22m. Wots right?

9 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Setmestraightwillyelike.

I keep reading about 22m for Mitro?

Just talked to a mate in Kenton who follows Newcastle and he said it was 10m that was been talked about, not 22m. Wots right?

Noelle the fee that's being quoted is £22 million it could possibly be £27 million with add ons 

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Aye, according to the Ronny Gill Rafa can spend 'SOME' of the mitro 'windfall'. :yahoo::lol: (be still my beating heart!)

:lol: How much are these cunts claiming we lost from the relegation? We pulled in £150M or so from TV rights last season, will have similar again at the end of this season and now they’re needing to hang onto some money from outgoing players? What fucking mug would believe these absolute chancers. 

17 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: How much are these cunts claiming we lost from the relegation? We pulled in £150M or so from TV rights last season, will have similar again at the end of this season and now they’re needing to hang onto some money from outgoing players? What fucking mug would believe these absolute chancers. 

Rafa will get the £14.5 mil originally spent on Mitrovic and the fat greedy cunt will spend the profit on a new mansion in Miami.

The fat cunt is ridiculously short sighted. We’ve nearly doubled our money on our two most expensive signings made under him. The best chance of making money on transfers, tickets, sponsorship and prize money is to spend reasonable money in the first place.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The fat cunt is ridiculously short sighted. We’ve nearly doubled our money on our two most expensive signings made under him. The best chance of making money on transfers, tickets, sponsorship and prize money is to spend reasonable money in the first place.

This is where the "He's a great businessman" craic makes the plan even more baffling.