Jump to content
Anorthernsoul

The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

He's not prolific by any means but he's a player I like.  The Chronicle are describing him as a winger but I wouldn't agree with that.  Maybe not an out and out striker though.

 

 

 

He's a left forward, plays wide and cuts inside.

 

He's come back from a very serious injury pretty well and I've always liked him.

 

Be nice to have someone from my hometown in our team too :razz:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Andrew said:

 

He's a left forward, plays wide and cuts inside.

 

He's come back from a very serious injury pretty well and I've always liked him.

 

Be nice to have someone from my hometown in our team too :razz:

 

 

 

Quite an exotic name for Burnley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

 

 

 

Quite an exotic name for Burnley.

 

His dad's called Kiko and isn't a Burnley native iirc, if that helps. 

 

Jay was absolutely ace for burnley and would've gone to the last world cup but for a bad injury at the end of the 13/14 season that ruled him out for an entire year. Seems to have built up slowly since coming back but always seems to play well when I see him.

 

I'd honestly love us to sign him, he'd fit in really well on our left with Ritchie on the right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atsu's last few games for us showed promise. The worry is you turn him down, spend £6mil someowhere else and end up with an Obertan/Thauvin/Amalfitano. Atsu can provide goals and assists 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Atsu's last few games for us showed promise. The worry is you turn him down, spend £6mil someowhere else and end up with an Obertan/Thauvin/Amalfitano. Atsu can provide goals and assists 

Even if he's just a squad player who can come off the bench and have a go at the opposition full back then it's absolutely fuck all in the current market. You also don't have the risk of not knowing what sort of character he is and if he's a good fit with the other squad members etc. I liked the look of him from the bits I saw of him last season fwiw. Also good to see us conducting business so early. Pre-Rafa you could imagine everyone involved in transfers going off abroad for a month once the season ended.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2017 at 5:17 PM, Andrew said:

 

Aye, but his goal scoring is almost entirely constrained to this year. 13 in his last 18 is great but it means he got 9 in he previous 49 for bournemouth.

 

Wouldn't want to see us spending on someone who has had a good period of form and nowt else.

To be fair, he's been playing in midfield for Bournemouth for his entire career til Christmas time.

 

Since he's moved to play as a striker his form has been prolific.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex said:

Even if he's just a squad player who can come off the bench and have a go at the opposition full back then it's absolutely fuck all in the current market. You also don't have the risk of not knowing what sort of character he is and if he's a good fit with the other squad members etc. I liked the look of him from the bits I saw of him last season fwiw. Also good to see us conducting business so early. Pre-Rafa you could imagine everyone involved in transfers going off abroad for a month once the season ended.

 

Then just before the window shuts 'couldnt quite get him over the line'

Edited by 247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rafa said he wanted the majority of transfer business done in time for preseason training.  Not sure how realistic that is, but I believe he'll try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, adios said:

Rafa said he wanted the majority of transfer business done in time for preseason training.  Not sure how realistic that is, but I believe he'll try.


He did it last season, although it maybe more difficult this time with the class of player he wants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much prefer atsu to gouffran. Hopefully we get someone else in who can play on the flanks - Townsend would be good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

 

Reports in Portugal linking Rafa with 23 year old Reuben Semedo, CB from Sporting.

 

I suggested the other day that we should just sign players who are good on FM, unfortunately Monaco scuppered our Youri Teilemans deal but its good to see we've picked ourselves up!

 

Yarmolenko to follow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew said:

 

I suggested the other day that we should just sign players who are good on FM, unfortunately Monaco scuppered our Youri Teilemans deal but its good to see we've picked ourselves up!

 

Yarmolenko to follow!

I've always wondered why he's never left Ukraine, I mind he was linked with Everton a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lackie92 said:

I've always wondered why he's never left Ukraine, I mind he was linked with Everton a few years ago.

 

I have too, Konoplyanka left for Sevilla a couple of years ago, I figured he'd be next.

 

Bit worse than 1 goal in 2 for Kiev from the wing and 68 caps 29 goals for Ukraine is not a bad record at all so he's obviously a good player, odd that he's not moved but I suppose someone like Darijo Srna never did either despite plenty of offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andrew said:

 

I have too, Konoplyanka left for Sevilla a couple of years ago, I figured he'd be next.

 

Bit worse than 1 goal in 2 for Kiev from the wing and 68 caps 29 goals for Ukraine is not a bad record at all so he's obviously a good player, odd that he's not moved but I suppose someone like Darijo Srna never did either despite plenty of offers.

Yarmolenko had a decent Euro 2012 for Ukraine as well if I remember correctly and he had some exposure within the last few years in the CL and the Europa League too, so it's not like he's completely unknown.

 

Looks like he's a bit of a hot head though, he has some beef with the captain of Shakhtar and last season he kicked fuck out him during their derby and got a big suspension. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She thinks there's no other person in the world to match me. She's only human.

 

Even people with their finger on the spot, as Alan Oliver used to say, have Leighton Baines moments.

 

On 8/25/2015 at 2:41 AM, McFaul said: 

 

Memories! :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We certainly should be avoiding trophy signings.

We want players who want to play for this club and who are actually top quality  as it stands, not as they were once.

There's nothing wrong with having one experienced player/motivator who is respected by players.

A Carrick or someone like that. Someone you know will do their job on and off the pitch.

 

I'd rather we build quality whilst adding a few experienced prime players into the mix as the seasons move on, to gain strength in depth that way, which will give us a much better chance of actually making headway up that table...especially with a manager like Benitez at the helm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wolfy said:

We certainly should be avoiding trophy signings.

We want players who want to play for this club and who are actually top quality  as it stands, not as they were once.

There's nothing wrong with having one experienced player/motivator who is respected by players.

A Carrick or someone like that. Someone you know will do their job on and off the pitch.

 

I'd rather we build quality whilst adding a few experienced prime players into the mix as the seasons move on, to gain strength in depth that way, which will give us a much better chance of actually making headway up that table...especially with a manager like Benitez at the helm.

 

trophy signings? I've never seen us win a trophy tbh, therefore I think they're made up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of those transfers that I can't get excited about, but I'm not disappointed either.

 

Quick, sensible business... it's not sexy, is it? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy with that to be fair, I like him and he finished the season strongly so will be full of confidence. He's quick and can put a decent ball into the box, in today's market that fee is penny's aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×