The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

Champ Man 2 was the best. Pick your starting XI and press play. I made a team of XI Geordies and bossed the league, Shepherds wet dream.

Was something like:

Harper

Elliott

Howey

Venison

Watson

Stone

Gazza

Lee Clarke

Alan Thompson

Shearer

Beardsley

Edited by Kid Dynamite

13 hours ago, adios said:

That's a good idea.

My problem is that it's so fucking in depth now (a huge bonus if you're really into it) that I get bored and give up.

And I have some weird cognitive bias to playing the lite version which I can't quite put my finger on.  Something akin to using a walkthrough I think.

That's the same with me. Lost interest in FM17 after about a week.

8 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

"The crescendo of interest swirling around Socceroos star Aaron Mooy has sparked a wave of bids, with Premier League clubs Crystal Palace and newly-promoted Newcastle United understood to have made firm offers for the midfielder."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/05/16/exclusive-newcastle-palace-table-bids-maestro-mooy

"best play maker in the league" as they said over and over again on the commentary when we played huddersfield.

Apart from Jonjo Shelvey obviously who already plays for us.

I don't know exactly what we need in midfield but someone who looks and plays like Shelvey, except not as good and older isn't it.

For those not wanting the full-on in-depth version, just play "FM Classic". It's stripped back, buy players, choose team, pick tactics, go.

Just now, Andrew said:

"best play maker in the league" as they said over and over again on the commentary when we played huddersfield.

Apart from Jonjo Shelvey obviously who already plays for us.

I don't know exactly what we need in midfield but someone who looks and plays like Shelvey, except not as good and older isn't it.

I quite like Mooy and £10m for him is reasonable outlay. I think he's got the potential to surpass Shelvey and he's already nearly as good, imo.

Also, we were far far weaker without Shelvey as we had no replacement, Mooy can do that.

Just now, The Fish said:

I quite like Mooy and £10m for him is reasonable outlay. I think he's got the potential to surpass Shelvey and he's already nearly as good, imo.

Also, we were far far weaker without Shelvey as we had no replacement, Mooy can do that.

How has he got the potential to surpass Shelvey?

I'd agree if he was 20 or so but hes 26, he's older than Shelvey and has no experience at the top level.

We do need someone to play where shelvey does but surely we should be looking at either someone younger or someone better rather than spending 10 million on backup.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

How has he got the potential to surpass Shelvey?

I'd agree if he was 20 or so but hes 26, he's older than Shelvey and has no experience at the top level.

We do need someone to play where shelvey does but surely we should be looking at either someone younger or someone better rather than spending 10 million on backup.

I did not know he's older than Shelvey, I thought they were roughly the same age, with Mooy being the younger.

fwiw, £10m isn't a huge sum for a creative player in this market and while there are other positions that I think need addressing more urgently, I wouldn't oppose this bit of business.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I did not know he's older than Shelvey, I thought they were roughly the same age, with Mooy being the younger.

fwiw, £10m isn't a huge sum for a creative player in this market and while there are other positions that I think need addressing more urgently, I wouldn't oppose this bit of business.

You quoted me saying he was older further up the page dummy.

Did you not sleep well? :razz:

10 minutes ago, Andrew said:

You quoted me saying he was older further up the page dummy.

Did you not sleep well? :razz:

Nope, genuinely didn't. Tried to pay for my coffee this morning with my Oyster card. Which you can't do. It has no money on it anyway. Because I live in Manchester. And have done for about 9 months.

We looked desperately short in midfield when Shelvey was unavailable (or having an off day) this season and would only be worse in the premier league.  As I can't see us looking to replace Shelvey this summer, someone like Moy who could fill in for him for him without a dramatic reduction in quality could be a very good piece of business.  It might not be a move that would improve our first team a great deal but it would certainly improve the squad (and make the possibility of having to play Hayden and Colback together less likely).

Much like signing Atsu, it's not an exciting move but if it's only a deal which supplements other key signings then it could be well worth it. 

6 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

I can't really get behind people wanting us to sign Cairney. This is his first good season and he's 25 years old. Id rather stear clear. Same with Mooy. We don't need alright Championship players. We need good Premiership ones.

Cairney is 26, same as Mooy.

I really agree with you though, players who've only played well at championship level or have had a good 6 months aren't what I want us to be going for.

Mooy, Cairney, King are all disappointments waiting to happen.

I'd love to see Gilfi here like.  I'm not at all sure about Cairney.  Whereas I could see the sense with Moy as a squad player, with Cairney we need a guaranteed starter in that position and he'd be a massive risk for the premier league.

17 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Cairney is 26, same as Mooy.

I really agree with you though, players who've only played well at championship level or have had a good 6 months aren't what I want us to be going for.

Mooy, Cairney, King are all disappointments waiting to happen.

Yeah all will be pricey for to be backups or flops. They haven't done anything before this season so I dont think they'd continue their good form in a higher standard league (obviously King has done it at Prem level for 6 month but that's it).

Are they not asking something like 20m for Cairney? I'd rather us spend that money (plus however much over that) to get someone like Sigurdsson.

Maybe Cairney could make the step up but I just feel we could attract players who have done it at the PL (or comparable) level. I don't really rate Mooy, from what I've seen of him I think Shelvey is better and as Andrew said younger. He'd be fine as back up (clear upgrade on someone like Colback) but I can't really see us spending 10m on a back up.