The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

9 minutes ago, Ant said:

better option than joselu or that lad we're linked with (no worse at any rate)

Surely a better option than Joselu at the minute.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Ant said:

Everton have signed Cenk Tosun

can't say i'm 

#1 surprised we didn't

#2  bothered, I don't think he's a signing to get excited about, he'll suit sam  wanting to punt crosses/long balls upto him

£27m is an insane price for him

Mitro would be a better option if we played him imo 

11 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

You're not bothered? No way ;) £27m man, the fucking kick back the boulder-headed one will be getting from that will be obscene. No wonder he came out of fake retirement

Aye, definitely 

Benitez on transfers

I don’t know exactly what is our budget, so I don’t have any news. We have to keep working, make sure we have our targets, but all I can is prepare for the game. We had a meeting last week but I am waiting for an answer (from those above).

Deadline set for transfers

Rafa repeats that he wants his squad in place by “maximum” January 20, but he says he can say “nothing more” other than he had a meeting last week. Rafa says he won’t talk about “names” when he is asked about whether he has interest in Deeney & Ings #

It sounds as if Rafa himself doesn't get involved in the transfers though. All he seems to do is identify targets and then leave it to Charnley. Seems a bit illogical, because surely there is a need to triage resources a bit, and you would think only Rafa can judge that, but who knows. Him not knowing the budget doesn't necessarily mean nothing is happening...

1 hour ago, trooper said:

He must be even more fcuked off not knowing the budget 

He may though.  Like has been said is he going to say he does or what? If he does know what business is it to the press?

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He may though.  Like has been said is he going to say he does or what? If he does know what business is it to the press?

Why bother doing a press conference then ?

I feel that looking at his demeanour he's not happy with how it's going.

I'd be surprised if there's not a bunch of Del Boy wheeler dealing going on, but it won't be enough to guarantee survival.

Though it'll be enough to probably survive.

I feel when he's saying he doesn't know what the budget is that it's a thinly-veiled dig at the owner and the lack of communication between them (which has been hinted at perviously). And I agree with @adios that he'll want to spend as little as possible to just keep us in the division.

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

thinly-veiled dig at the owner and the lack of communication between them

Aye, didn't he say something today/recently about a meeting last week that he still hadn't heard back about?

That's not playing your cards close to your chest, that's sending a message that you're not happy.