The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

It's ok everyone, he told sky sports he knows he's made mistakes in the past but he didn't say which mistakes they are and he'll keep doing them again regardless. WTF are we moaning about? <_<

I'm gonna go fucking NorthernSoul on anyone who comes in here doing their best Comical Ali impression btw.

Keyboard and sherry at the ready.  Fair warning. <_<  

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's ok everyone, he told sky sports he knows he's made mistakes in the past but he didn't say which mistakes they are and he'll keep doing them again regardless. WTF are we moaning about? <_<

He did also say sorry to Keegan and Shearer, so obviously everything is ok...

Am I being mad here.

Arsenal want £30m for Sanchez, yet he is out of contract at the end of the season.  So all City have to do is wait.  They dont need him at the moment, they're already walking the league.

Yet Arsenal are sitting tight on the fee.  Why not accept the £25m for him?

How much would he actually be worth anyway? Just bizarre that we'd countenance weakening a squad that's thin on the ground by selling one of our best players. 

EDIT: Was checking out Skybet last night, whose odds reckon it's actually more likely that Shelvey will be at West Ham than Newcastle at the end of the window. Can't post the link now because I'm at work.

Edited by rogerbarton

Just now, rogerbarton said:

How much would he actually be worth anyway? Just bizarre that we'd countenance weakening a squad that's thin on the ground by selling one of our best players.

However he is a massive huffy cunt, if he wants to go and we don't let him he will just fuck about till he goes.

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

That's Rafa gone then, troops

All jokes aside Quiffy i wouldn't blame the guy if he did walk away. Keegan said "you caht work with Ashley you cant trust hhim"

he'd need replacing. who the fuck are we going to sign who is better? selling mitro i get, to release funds because he isn't getting a game. selling shelvey is just insanity. who would replace him? 

Coquelin and Elneny supposedly available at Arsenal - maybe we shift Shelvey, who Rafa plainly feels he can't rely on, and sign one of them? They would take up Hayden's role and let Merino play more of the creator. I don't like the idea of selling Shelvey to a relegation rival (West Ham, as has been mooted by the rags) in mid-season at all, but who are our saleable assets? 

Niasse is also meant to be available, he's hardly a world-beater but he's scored enough at PL level in two questionable sides to make me think he would be a useful acquisition. Ulloa and Musa as well from Leicester although I'm not really sure if either of them are better than what we currently have. 

13 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Coquelin and Elneny supposedly available at Arsenal - maybe we shift Shelvey, who Rafa plainly feels he can't rely on, and sign one of them? They would take up Hayden's role and let Merino play more of the creator. I don't like the idea of selling Shelvey to a relegation rival (West Ham, as has been mooted by the rags) in mid-season at all, but who are our saleable assets? 

Niasse is also meant to be available, he's hardly a world-beater but he's scored enough at PL level in two questionable sides to make me think he would be a useful acquisition. Ulloa and Musa as well from Leicester although I'm not really sure if either of them are better than what we currently have. 

Ulloa and Musa are crap, I'd definitely have Niasse though.

Same for either of the Arsenal midfielders, I'd happily take both.

Coquelin is shite but I'd take Elneny on loan if it meant freeing up Merino a bit. Replacing Mitrovic with Ulloa would be a sidewards step at best; if we're looking for a striker, I'd still move heaven and earth for Sturridge. If he can keep fit and he's motivated to make the World Cup, it'd be a coup. Providing the knackers around him can set him up.

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I am still baffled with Mitro.  He must have had a massive falling out with Rafa in training like.

We should deffo look at Sturridge on loan like.

Wages for Sturridge are supposed to be £120k a week to high for Lard Arse.