The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

3 hours ago, trooper said:

In a way i hope Rafa blows his stack when asked about the budget in the presser on Friday.Just tell it like it is now Rafa you've fcuk all to lose.

Other than a potentially negative effect on the confidence of a squad in a relegation battle like. :razz:  

This from The Express...

West Ham are moving closer to the £12 million capture of Newcastle midfielder Jonjo Shelvey.

Shelvey is on an £80,000-a-week contract at Newcastle but West Ham are ready to spend this month to ensure that Moyes can continue his task of wresting the club away from the Premier League relegation zone.

38 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Only if we pay the full amount.  Havent you played football manager? :lol:

We need to hack Mike Ashley.  Computer/axe, I'm not fussy.

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

As much as a liability Shelvey is at times, I think it's madness letting him goto West Ham.

Things could get interesting apparently Rafa will block any bid for Shelvey. I reckon the shit would hit the fan if Ashley over rules him & allows it to happen.

why would ashley force through the sale of the player a manager wants to keep during a relegation battle and while trying to ensure survival in order to sell the club? nothing surprises me with ashley but that's sheer lunacy - even for him. 

9 minutes ago, trooper said:

Things could get interesting apparently Rafa will block any bid for Shelvey. I reckon the shit would hit the fan if Ashley over rules him & allows it to happen.

It would essentially be a re-run of the Keegan situation so Rafa could walk and then sue.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

why would ashley force through the sale of the player a manager wants to keep during a relegation battle and while trying to ensure survival in order to sell the club? nothing surprises me with ashley but that's sheer lunacy - even for him. 

Pardew told everybody Carroll was going nowhere. Ashley over ruled him & Pardew didnt even see the money :D

Just now, trooper said:

Pardew told everybody Carroll was going nowhere. Ashley over ruled him & Pardew didnt even see the money :D

three things were different then:

1 we weren't in a relegation battle

2 carroll wasn't sold to a relegation rival

3 ashley wasn't in the middle of a takeover, with PL survival crucial to the money he'd receive 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

three things were different then:

1 we weren't in a relegation battle

2 carroll wasn't sold to a relegation rival

3 ashley wasn't in the middle of a takeover, with PL survival crucial to the money he'd receive 

Aye this basically.