The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

23 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

We should have sold both Ritchie and Gayle in the summer.Neither had or have proved to be good enough in the Prem.We would have made a profit on both players and if the money had been released by fatty .....

Aye, it's not like Ritchie has twice as many assists as any other player in our squad.

From The Chronicle

As we understand, Slimani and Dubravka will be the only arrivals today.

So Ashley's done it again another January window without spending a penny on transfers. I wonder which lists these loanies were on. :D

Edited by trooper

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

From The Chronicle

So Ashley's done it again another January window without spending a penny on transfers. I wonder which lists these loanies were on. :D

Not like you to put a negative spin on things 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, trooper said:

From The Chronicle

Would you rather we bought an unproven striker who cost £20m though? I get what you're saying but January is a shit time to buy as it is (I appreciate it's problematic we didn't spend more in the summer) so you're essentially either paying over the odds or signing players clubs want rid of. In light of that getting players in on loan isn't a bad thing

Edited by Alex

tbh we've got a winger with some flair, a forward who is better than we have and a keeper who I know nothing about in to see out this season.

Thats fine, they give us things we need and didn't have and we'll wait and see if they deliver.

If the takeover is reliant on us being in the PL then I don't care that these aren't permanent as one would hope we're going to invest in summer after that and we don't need to be lumbered with more of the bargain basement players we sign permanently under ashley.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Could Silimani and Gayle play up top together? 

Hope this all means Joselu assumes the mitro role for the rest of the season.

Gayles a worse goalscorer than Joselu based on this seasons form tbh.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Hope this all means Joselu assumes the mitro role for the rest of the season.

I think he's arguably useful off the bench anyway, given his workrate and so on. Having him start the majority of your games in the PL is when it's an issue because he just isn't up to that.

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

tbh we've got a winger with some flair, a forward who is better than we have and a keeper who I know nothing about in to see out this season.

Thats fine, they give us things we need and didn't have and we'll wait and see if they deliver.

If the takeover is reliant on us being in the PL then I don't care that these aren't permanent as one would hope we're going to invest in summer after that and we don't need to be lumbered with more of the bargain basement players we sign permanently under ashley.

Bang on

Of course the three loan players will have to be purchased or replaced in the summer. And the media will give Mike Ashley great credit for spending £80m even though half of that will go on replacing/buying these three players while our squad only really gets improved by £40m.