The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

Honestly can't attach blame to Ashley after dropping 2 points at home to Burnley. 

The blame isn't hard to place when we have more possession, more chances, more shots, more  everything, and miss a penalty. That blame rests entirely on Joselu, and to some degree the ones responsible for letting, or electing him,  to take it.

Joselu also takes the blame for missing a sitter.

The blame does not rest on Darlow for the own goal, the defense should not have allowed him to be put in that position, they were a shambles towards the end. Darlow's own goal would have been meaningless had Joselu scored the penalty. The penalty miss cost us the loss of 2 points.

3 hours ago, Noelie said:

Honestly can't attach blame to Ashley after dropping 2 points at home to Burnley. 

The blame isn't hard to place when we have more possession, more chances, more shots, more  everything, and miss a penalty. That blame rests entirely on Joselu, and to some degree the ones responsible for letting, or electing him,  to take it.

The blame does not rest on Darlow for the own goal, the defense should not have allowed him to be put in that position, they were a shambles towards the end. Darlow's own goal would have been meaningless had Joselu scored the penalty. The penalty miss cost us the loss of 2 points.

OOOPS, wrong topic, senior moment eh!

Mitrovic off the Fulham on loan. A little bit puzzling given we've been subjected to Joselu starting so often with so little to show for it. Slimani comes in injured, you'd think there would be enough reason to keep him available for the run home. Clearly Rafa doesn't rate/trust him, but bafflingly does rate Joselu despite continued confirmation that he's not producing.

8 minutes ago, OTF said:

Mitrovic off the Fulham on loan. A little bit puzzling given we've been subjected to Joselu starting so often with so little to show for it. Slimani comes in injured, you'd think there would be enough reason to keep him available for the run home. Clearly Rafa doesn't rate/trust him, but bafflingly does rate Joselu despite continued confirmation that he's not producing.

In all probability Mitrovic would have scored that penalty. I've said more than once I don't think Rafa gave Mitro a fair chance to prove himself.

7 hours ago, rogerbarton said:

Video's out of date but demonstrative. Looks like a good player to me, class apart from the likes of Joselu. Clearly very strong with his head, so if we can get the right service into him we could be onto a winner.

Kenedy looked like he could be relied upon to supply some decent service. Is this some actual joined up thinking? Probably not.

Much is being made of how few games he'll be available for us and it's hard not to be concerned. Can he (and the rest of them) deliver enough to keep us up this year? I mean, it's tight as a duck's arse at the bottom of the table, 5 points separating 10th-19th! There are currently 6 teams with worse Goal Difference than us, and 6 teams below us in the league.

Hopefully Slimani will turn tricky fixtures like Bournemouth and Leicester away from probable losses into possible wins, and mean we've got a chance against teams in the top half. Games where we get only a couple of chances and need to rely on our striker having the ability to do his job, rather than just seeming like a nice bloke who tries hard. Slimani and Kenedy might provide that bit of quality we've been lacking, turning frustrating draws and exasperating losses into wins.

Still 65% convinced we're down, like.

Don’t think he’s eligible to play against Leicester, fish.

Shame he isn’t fit enough to go straight into the side against Palace. I’ll weep if we have to watch these fraud Joselu mince about up front again. 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Don’t think he’s eligible to play against Leicester, fish.

Shame he isn’t fit enough to go straight into the side against Palace. I’ll weep if we have to watch these fraud Joselu mince about up front again. 

Ah of course, everybody else has learned from the LuaLua debacle.

Substitute Leicester for Everton or something then :good:

5 hours ago, Noelie said:

Are you pissed? Mike Ashley is the very reason that we ended up with Joselu. His refusal to let us spend money in the summer when it was clear as day that we needed a PL level striker is why Joselu was on the pitch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noelie said:

In all probability Mitrovic would have scored that penalty. I've said more than once I don't think Rafa gave Mitro a fair chance to prove himself.

Let it go Noelie....Rafa has, you've got to trust the man on the ground seeing him every day, not your satellite feed with your eyesight and your need to point the finger at all the individuals apart from the one who is actually to blame. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Ah of course, everybody else has learned from the LuaLua debacle.

Substitute Leicester for Everton or something then :good:

Its a league level rule these days, you have to in the PL

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Clubs like Leicester being able to resist £65m bids for players is encouraging for the division. On the flip side it'll probably mean more and more foreign signings as clubs abroad can't turn down the money. Oh and more player strikes to force through moves.

Contracts being run down will get more and more common

50 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Are you pissed? Mike Ashley is the very reason that we ended up with Joselu. His refusal to let us spend money in the summer when it was clear as day that we needed a PL level striker is why Joselu was on the pitch.

I blame the manager. Joselu was surely Rafa’s first choice.

behave, Noelie

45 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Let it go Noelie....Rafa has, you've got to trust the man on the ground seeing him every day, not your satellite feed with your eyesight and your need to point the finger at all the individuals apart from the one who is actually to blame. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’d had some training ground bust up, something has happened behind the scenes for him to be frozen out completely.

8 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Clubs like Leicester being able to resist £65m bids for players is encouraging for the division. On the flip side it'll probably mean more and more foreign signings as clubs abroad can't turn down the money. Oh and more player strikes to force through moves.

Thing with Mahrez he put in a transfer request last season, they turned it down.  So he puts his head down and grafts.  He then gets another turned down in Jan.  Puts his head down and grafts.  Then again in the summer, puts his head down and grafts.  Now I cant see that happening again.  They have just shot themselves in the foot.  Yes we dont want players and their agents to have the power, but I think with Maharez he has showed a decent levels of professionalism unlike Sanchez.

I think on the flip, the Couthinio deal has thrown a spanner in the works.  I heard yesterday that Mahrez last season had more assists and goals than him, so are Leicester right to turn it down?

43 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’d had some training ground bust up, something has happened behind the scenes for him to be frozen out completely.

That's probably the reason he's not being selected.Must have been serious because we're a poorer team without him if Hos is the only alternative.

51 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I reckon he just doesn't follow instructions well enough and Rafa reckons there is enough "hot head" in the side with Shelvey.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Thing with Mahrez he put in a transfer request last season, they turned it down.  So he puts his head down and grafts.  He then gets another turned down in Jan.  Puts his head down and grafts.  Then again in the summer, puts his head down and grafts.  Now I cant see that happening again.  They have just shot themselves in the foot.  Yes we dont want players and their agents to have the power, but I think with Maharez he has showed a decent levels of professionalism unlike Sanchez.

I think on the flip, the Couthinio deal has thrown a spanner in the works.  I heard yesterday that Mahrez last season had more assists and goals than him, so are Leicester right to turn it down?

They must have promised Mahrez that he can leave this summer, otherwise I agree, they'll lose him anyway and he'll just go through the motions in the meantime.