The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah it’s a tiny bit strange but he’s dropped a division for money before..

You could kinda understand that as he was signing for a big club with a world class manager. The prospect of signing for Stoke may not be quite so appealing.

But I don't know what goes on inside his head. If it were for me I'd hold out for a club in the top division.

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Rather have Ritchie than one trick pony Townsend like. 

I like Ritchie but I'd rather have Townsend personally.

hes quicker, more direct in the way he plays and is a better goalscorer, he got more for us from January til he left than Rtichie did all last season. 

Ritchie isn't that multi-faceted that townsend deserves the "one trick pony" marker over him either, hes just as left footed, comes back rather than getting to the byline a lot but often isn't then fast enough to get into an advantageous position and ends up playing backwards.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

It does, which is why I'm worried that he may see himself as a PL player and refuse to move unless it's to another club in the same league. Meanwhile we're left with an unhappy player on our hands.

Or maybe I've just gone a bit Trooper.

Never go full Trooper.

• Haha 3

This from the Chronicle 

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Fulham will complete the signing of Aleksandar Mitrovic from Newcastle when he returns from holiday - according to the Telegraph.

The Serbian striker is expected to leave the Magpies this summer, with the Cottagers expected to spend around £20m on the 23-year-old.

i like ritchie, his workrate is a great example for his teammates but his lack of pace means he'll always be a limited PL player. he'll tear the championship up again for stoke mind - good buy for them. i'd be happy to bring townsend back in ahead of him, as long as that means we are also still in for kenedy. 

those two with murphy and atsu as back up is a decent set of wingers to pick from. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

Ritchie gives everything on the pitch, you can't take that away from him and he's had some great games for us but he can be ineffective for long spells and hasn't got that creative spark like the names mentioned. He can't go past a player with the ball because of his lack of pace so tends to play sideways or back instead.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

I like Ritchie but I'd rather have Townsend personally.

hes quicker, more direct in the way he plays and is a better goalscorer, he got more for us from January til he left than Rtichie did all last season. 

Ritchie isn't that multi-faceted that townsend deserves the "one trick pony" marker over him either, hes just as left footed, comes back rather than getting to the byline a lot but often isn't then fast enough to get into an advantageous position and ends up playing backwards.

Can't even get in Palace's team, who finished beneath us. Because he's easy to play against for anyone that's watched him a couple of times. Plus he left once. Fuck him 

Looks like Rafa is setting us up to play on the break so wants quicker wingers.

Like Ritchie and he grafted his tits off but he isn’t pacey. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Can't even get in Palace's team, who finished beneath us. Because he's easy to play against for anyone that's watched him a couple of times. Plus he left once. Fuck him 

He started 35 of their PL games last season.

• Jaysus... 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

If we’re getting £20m for a striker who can’t get a game for us then how much is it going to cost us for an upgrade?

More than £20m

13 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol: probably why Benteke underperformed, having him cutting inside and shooting instead of somebody to whip balls in

Guess who had the most assists in the Palace squad last season. Go on, give it a go.

54 minutes ago, ewerk said:

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE THREE HE DIDNT START?!?!?!?!

couldn't even get in Palace's teams in those 3 games, tbf. Avoid