The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

2 minutes ago, adios said:

And yet no thoughts on Ashley's demise?  Racist!

I voted Scaphism.

Though Blood eagle would be an acceptable alternative.

Ah, well. Not the most thrilling signing but hopefully he’ll do well and we need a new target man. Shame to see Gayle go as part of the deal if that’s the case

30 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Has it actually ruined the game though? And is it not in line with the money paid to loads of other sportsmen and women? Top basketball stars, Baseball stars, American Footballers, Tennis pros, Golfers, F1 drivers, and so on?

Frankly I couldn't give a shit what Matt Ritchie is paid, it's not my money.  Who cares as long as he's doing his best to earn it. Could be £10k a week, it could be £100k. Conversely, Nile Ranger could be paid £20 a week and I'd say it was too much. 

It's not the gate money that pays for the wages, so why should fans give a shit?

Of course it's ruined the game, the fans no longer matter. Kick off times moved to appease the big paying TV channels, young English players struggling to progress due to the big money being focused on signings from abroad, zero loyalty from players to a club in chase of the big bucks, agents basically holding clubs to ransom at will, a massive gap widening every season between the top 6 and the rest, need I go on?. The list is endless of the negative role the influx of money has had on the sport.

Your point about the gate money is ridiculous aswell, the fans give a shit because they love the club and work hard to be able to afford to get to games and when you've got a group of players picking up ludicrous amounts of money for very little effort then it begs the question "What is the fucking point?".

The only people to benefit from the massive TV money is the players.

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Never really took to Gayle. He scored plenty in the Championship, but he always struck me as a bit of a mardy cunt.

I never really took to him as Premiership player but he clearly cares, hates himself for missing a shot (hence the mardiness) and worked his bollocks off to get where he is.

He also never seems to take it out on other players which is nice to see.

I'd have been happy to have him as an option off the bench but it's hard for Rafa to worry about backups when the fucking first eleven is short of the necessary quality.

Edited by adios

1 minute ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Of course it's ruined the game, the fans no longer matter. Kick off times moved to appease the big paying TV channels, young English players struggling to progress due to the big money being focused on signings from abroad, zero loyalty from players to a club in chase of the big bucks, agents basically holding clubs to ransom at will, a massive gap widening every season between the top 6 and the rest, need I go on?. The list is endless of the negative role the influx of money has had on the sport.

Your point about the gate money is ridiculous aswell, the fans give a shit because they love the club and work hard to be able to afford to get to games and when you've got a group of players picking up ludicrous amounts of money for very little effort then it begs the question "What is the fucking point?".

The only people to benefit from the massive TV money is the players.

You're daft if you think it takes very little effort to be a Premier League footballer. Even the laziest cunts work much harder than they're credited for.

You could look at how money has benefited the game. The standard of football is better, the facilities are better, the access to information is better, the coverage is better, the plural nature of the game, the difference football teams can make to the regions, and so on. 

Kick off times are an issue some weekends for some teams. Young english players struggling to break into the clubs is because frankly the coaching of young English footballers is generally shit. There does need to be a shake up of Agents and the scrutiny thereof. 

There isn't a massive gap between the top 6 and the rest, the "top" clubs used to be just 2, then three, then four, now 6. The top of the table isn't a closed shop, it's hard, no doubt about it and money makes it an easier challenge, but the issue isn't that it's impossible to break into the top 6, it's the cowardice of owners who'd rather employ an old guard manager who will deliver 38-40pts with draws and shit football.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Hog said:

Rondon deal is supposedly nearly done, being brought up by helicopter too if one local journo is to be believed.

Probably using this, the fat cunt 

0.jpg

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You're daft if you think it takes very little effort to be a Premier League footballer. Even the laziest cunts work much harder than they're credited for.

You could look at how money has benefited the game. The standard of football is better, the facilities are better, the access to information is better, the coverage is better, the plural nature of the game, the difference football teams can make to the regions, and so on. 

Kick off times are an issue some weekends for some teams. Young english players struggling to break into the clubs is because frankly the coaching of young English footballers is generally shit. There does need to be a shake up of Agents and the scrutiny thereof. 

There isn't a massive gap between the top 6 and the rest, the "top" clubs used to be just 2, then three, then four, now 6. The top of the table isn't a closed shop, it's hard, no doubt about it and money makes it an easier challenge, but the issue isn't that it's impossible to break into the top 6, it's the cowardice of owners who'd rather employ an old guard manager who will deliver 38-40pts with draws and shit football.

I'm not just talking Premier League when I say the gap is widening, I'm talking English football as a whole. Even in the Championship clubs are buying titles, the other clubs don't stand a chance and never will. It's created a culture whereby if you're not spending big you're getting left behind and that has inflated the market to the point it has to self implode over the next 10 years. 

You're blind sighted if you think money isn't affecting English football, why do you think there's been a massive neglect in terms of coaching youth players over the last decade at English clubs? Because clubs would rather go abroad and spunk money instead of investing in academies :lol: Think about it mate for fucks sake.

1 minute ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I'm not just talking Premier League when I say the gap is widening, I'm talking English football as a whole. Even in the Championship clubs are buying titles, the other clubs don't stand a chance and never will. It's created a culture whereby if you're not spending big you're getting left behind and that has inflated the market to the point it has to self implode over the next 10 years. 

You're blind sighted if you think money isn't affecting English football, why do you think there's been a massive neglect in terms of coaching youth players over the last decade at English clubs? Because clubs would rather go abroad and spunk money instead of investing in academies :lol: Think about it mate for fucks sake.

When you say the other clubs, who do you mean? Bournemouth? Burnley? Stoke? West Brom? 

Are these the same clubs getting left behind? Or is that Aston Villa? QPR?

I never said money isn't impacting the game, but you said it's "ruined" it. That's not my experience. 

I think there's been a massive neglect because the government hasn't put money into it, because the money that is in the game has been poorly invested by all but a few clubs. Because the cost of sitting the badges are prohibitively expensive.

Has money changed the game, yes undeniably. Is it ruined? Is it bollocks. Some of the shit we used to watch in the 80s and 90s compared to the football now? Aye there's too much play acting, but I'd rather see that than Ben Thatcher making his career out of ending others'.

9 minutes ago, trooper said:

Gayle       35 games for 6 goals 2017/18

Rondon   36 games for 7 goals 2017/18

Hardly any difference 

They’re completely different types of player though 

Rondon will supposedly bring much more to the team than Gayle, who was a not-so-effective poacher.  Rondon will create and thrive on all the crosses from the wings.  Rondon will do his cruciate the day after the window closes.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, adios said:

Rondon will supposedly bring much more to the team than Gayle, who was a not-so-effective poacher.  Rondon will create and thrive on all the crosses from the wings.  Rondon will do his cruciate the day after the window closes.

I can see the chronicle headline now 'Salomon Flop'

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

They’re completely different types of player though 

It doesn't matter there's only 1 goal difference between the 2 of them. If Rondon was any good WBA wouldn't have finished bottom of the premiership last season. He's coming here to be our main striker & only scored 1 more than Gayle I don't get it.