The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

On 8/16/2018 at 10:50, t00nraider said:

£90 mil net spend on transfers between 2014 and 2016.

Conveniently that range excludes the barren summer where we signed only Anita. It also includes the January 2014 panic buying and the inexplicable error of judgment that was giving McClaren the amount of money he did over two windows. 

How's the net spend been since relegation? How about previous to January 2014? Anyone can fiddle with numbers to try to prove a point. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, acrossthepond said:

Conveniently that range excludes the barren summer where we signed only Anita. It also includes the January 2014 panic buying and the inexplicable error of judgment that was giving McClaren the amount of money he did over two windows. 

How's the net spend been since relegation? How about previous to January 2014? Anyone can fiddle with numbers to try to prove a point. 

He prefers to fiddle with kids.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

3 hours ago, trooper said:

Juventus are interested in signing Dubravka

Goals Conceded:
Rank - Player - Amount Conceded - Goals C Every x Mins

Ederson - 4 - 247.5 mins

Alisson - 5 - 198.0 mins

Paulo Gazzaniga - 1 - 180.0 mins

Hugo Lloris - 5 - 126.0 mins

Kepa Arrizabalaga - 8 - 123.8 mins

Rui Patrício - 12 - 82.5 mins

Ben Foster - 13 - 76.2 mins

Bernd Leno - 5 - 72.0 mins

Asmir Begovic - 14 - 70.7 mins

Martin Dubravka - 14 - 70.7 mins

Reports tonight that Miguel Almiron in from Atlanta on a loan from Jan with option to buy in summer is sewn up.

He's a 25 year old Paraguayan number 10 who has 13 goals and 11 assists in 36 games in the MLS this year.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Reports tonight that Miguel Almiron in from Atlanta on a loan from Jan with option to buy in summer is sewn up.

He's a 25 year old Paraguayan number 10 who has 13 goals and 11 assists in 36 games in the MLS this year.

Roughly which UK league is the MLS equivalent to these days?

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Championship I reckon. Although he's fast and skillful looking at his highlights, which puts him above most of our squad 

Sounds about right from what I've seen, with the odd player well above that level who is either about to drop off from europe or is on their way up from south/central america.

If he replaces Perez then it'll make a lot of people here happy.

Oh my god no, luckily Ashley won’t sell before January if ever before he dies, he’s 53 and the overweight type of overweight if you know what I mean. You might see a lot of old people but how many Michael Ashley sized old people do you see? You see where I’m going here.

The morale of the story is I don’t think we will sign anyone in January because Ashley won’t have sold by then so won’t spend any money 

On 12/5/2018 at 15:23, strawb said:

Hard to tell. The league itself isnt great but it’s improving. There is some good players playing there and it’s worth the risk on a loan

Agreed, worth a loan. He's got advanced skill and vision, but it's Hard to tell how those skills will translate in the Premier League. Flip a coin I guess.