The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

It's impossible qe paid 51M for Joelinton.

1.- He is not worth it. Who damn is Joelinton? If you go to pay this amount, you sign Timo Werner, Pulisic.... Luka Jovic is not even worth that money.

2.- Ashley don't pay more than 20M.... Is he going to pay for it now when he is in negotiations to sell the club? Nah.

3.- Maybe the club is already in the multimillonaire new owner hands (I wish), but I comeback to the point 1. Who damn is Joelinton?

RB Leipzig manager spoke yesterday (RB is interesing in sign him) and he told He doen't believe Newcastle and Ashley paying this amount... When Hoffenheim manager was asked he didn't answer but he Smilde and laughed a lot.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

New contract desire maybe? He's not going to go to a top 6 club and realistically if Rafa stays, we're in no worse position to challenge for 7th as the other 13 teams.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Howay said:

He’s been a model pro all season after not getting the move last summer, so I hope he gets his wish tbh.

Aye couldn't agree more. Could have thrown the toys out the pram and didn't. 

• Like 1

I don't begrudge him, but I still think he's crackers. Football is a short career and him and his Mrs will be set for life if he stays at NUFC. He's done enough to earn himself a bigger contract and I can't see anyone bigger than us coming in for him. 

Moving to Brighton or West Brom to be a couple of hours closer to home vs his Mrs moving up here temporarily. I reckon he will look back on his career and regret the step down. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Because his best years are ahead of him and its no coincidence we were winning when him and Longstaff were in midfield together 

He's not going to get any better now because he has no outstanding attributes. A run of good games alongside the outstanding Longstaff doesn't really change that he doesn't bring much to the table. And if we want to kick on he should be nowhere near the team. You hit the nail on the head when you said no bigger teams will want him, which kind of contradicts your suggestion of him being the catalyst for our good form and having any significant potential to improve 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Over & above Rafas contract running out on June 30th..

Diame has stated he won’t be offered a new contract due to his age

Ritchie hasn’t as yet been offered a new contract because of uncertainty over Rafas position

Hayden is leaving due to family reasons

Perez is making exit noises

Four key players & the manager. Is Charnley just setting the club up for a large scale clear out this summer? :unsure: 

59 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Checkbook Charnaz is such a keen operator that he’ll be able to oversee all the commotion with no bother, man

Thank you for your er, reassuring words there AH :glare:

Charnley is the epitome of every treacly mouthed, arse licking yes man that any of us have ever come across in the work place. The sort of cunt who would’ve enjoyed the privileges of the Vichy government in wartime France, a fuckin dream for the Nazis. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 4

It's looking like Diame's away in the summer

Mohamed Diame speaking to The Chronicle:

“The situation (with my contract) is still the same, I need two more starts to get one extra year.

“But, I spoke with the club, and when we were talking about my contract, I asked for two years, and they don’t want that.

“We know what they want for this club, it is difficult to get an extension when you are over 30 here.

It is not a problem for me, it is football and part of the job.

“If I get the opportunity to stay, I will stay.

“If not, I will go somewhere else and enjoy my football.

“I don’t know (if I will still be at Newcastle next season) at all.

“I am trying to enjoy it as much as I can because it’s amazing playing here with all the fans, and more when we have got an atmosphere like this and we are winning games.

“I’m just trying to enjoy it as much as I can and after, we will see what happens.

“I will be fine, of course, as I have said (before_, being a player who played for ten years in this country – it opens you a lot of doors and I will be fine.

“But, as I’ve said since the beginning: I’m so happy here and I’m enjoying my days in Newcastle. So, we will see.”