The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Are they going to spend an extra £3m on an older replacement who made less appearances and scored less goals last season?

He's less than a year older tbf and scored 4 less than Wood (though 5 of Woods were penalties)

So...maybe?

We're going to have a job to land Origi with Marseille, Milan, Juventus & Crystal Palace wanting him. With Sampadoria, Werder Bremen, Bayern  Leverkussen & Spurs motoring him 

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Are they going to spend an extra £3m on an older replacement who made less appearances and scored less goals last season?

I think they'd pay that extra £3m given what's out there. Gayle is a player who will score a lot of goals in the Championship, and they now need a striker that scores a lot of goals in the Championship. 

31 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think they'd pay that extra £3m given what's out there. Gayle is a player who will score a lot of goals in the Championship, and they now need a striker that scores a lot of goals in the Championship. 

Yeah but why would they have sold the other guy in order to net spend 3m for basically the same result...

Was it a release clause?

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

West Brom have agreed a 7 million fee for Kieran Gibbs

That's the sort of deal we should be all over. Charnley doing some of his best work here clearly.

Edited by Rayvin

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Better goals to games ratio than Woods though 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

2 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

Just saw something about 16 million bid to Fulham was accepted. Don't know how valid that report is, though.

for?

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

That's the sort of deal we should be all over. Charnley doing some of his best work here clearly.

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

How the fuck were we not in for Gibbs at that price? He'd have been a prefect fit for us.

An injury prone quasi-winger with a heart the size of a pea?  not the left back I'd want tbh. Look at the state of Arsenal at the moment. Hes too shit for even for that fuckin shower :lol:  I've never been impressed by him.

42 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

An injury prone quasi-winger with a heart the size of a pea?  not the left back I'd want tbh. Look at the state of Arsenal at the moment. Hes too shit for even for that fuckin shower :lol:  I've never been impressed by him.

You kind of sound as if you're in two minds about him? :lol:

13 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

You kind of sound as if you're in two minds about him? :lol:

Am a fence sitter by nature David as you know :D One thing that grinds me though are fuckin full backs who can't defend. That's 90% of them nowadays. I understand the attacking options decent fullbacks offer, but they've been around a long time now and in my younger day they didn't mind too much getting back into position after a foray up field....a dying art it would seem :glare: 

Dummets not great but Gibbs isn't an upgrade defensively.  Don't think we'll get one tbh. Rafa may have other priorities. And after the carry on of the last two months (and obviously a decade of Mike Ashley overall) anyone on here thinking or even hoping we'll get everything that's required is frankly on another planet. Twisting on like a bunch of fishwives doesn't change a thing. Have some faith in the manager, we can't beg him to stay then be full of doom when he makes a call like this. I've said for months  this league is two thirds shit and Saturday proved it to an extent. Not saying it's going to be easy but let's see how things go. It's not football manager, a season is a  long ride and any single one of dozens of things outside the control of NUFC can affect it.  

• Like 1

Reckon it's swung back with Dummett to the point where he's getting undeserved criticism. He's a country mile ahead of shit like Haidara and gets on and does an unglamorous job with little fuss. I'd like him to bomb on more too but I think people are stuck in their 2015 appraisals of him and, whether through not watching him live last season or previous bias, refuse to accept how he's improved under Rafa.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah but why would they have sold the other guy in order to net spend 3m for basically the same result...

Was it a release clause?

Don't know, but it could be as simple as Wood's heading being turned and wanting out of Elland Road.