Official EU negotiations Thread

Park Life

On 20/06/2017 at 1:20 PM, Renton said:

It's interesting the HYS comments aren't so rabidly pro-Brexit now. Is the tide changing?

A lot can happen in the next 18 months. Plus Parky has been right about everything. Brexit might not happen. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-40362594

My mate who works at an influential bank reckons the financial sector will remain in the EU come hell or high water....That the emergency forward planning meetings have had various reassurances from Govt. sources. :unsure:

Edited by Park Life

9 minutes ago, Park Life said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-40362594

My mate who works at an influential bank reckons the financial sector will remain in the EU come hell or high water....That the emergency forward planning meetings have had various reassurances from Govt. sources. :unsure:

Does this mean that the City Of London will indeed become independent :lol:

Have to say, even with my less than favourable opinions on the MSM, I consider that because the BBC gets criticism from both 'sides' of the political spectrum, it probably is neutral.

That said, it is revealed as a mouthpiece of the establishment more on what it doesn't report on than what it does.

The BBC is the pinnacle of balanced and impartial reporting. There is no institution that compares to it anywhere in the world. It should be cherished.

39 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The BBC is the pinnacle of balanced and impartial reporting. 

:spit:

Some of the right wing bias I've seen from the BBC in recent months has been unbelievable. Their entire political team is Tory through and through. 

8 hours ago, Bizza said:

:spit:

Some of the right wing bias I've seen from the BBC in recent months has been unbelievable. Their entire political team is Tory through and through. 

Nonsense. They are criticised just as much by the right. Why? Because both sides get the same treatment from them. Scrutiny without editorial agenda, in other words.

Their news reporting is as impartial as it comes. Name one news organisation on earth that has less editorialising than the Beeb. 

It isn't even up for debate, I know people who work in editorial there and the rules outlined here are enforced strictly across all their many editorial platforms 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/guidelines/impartiality

You might not like the analysis their senior journalists present at times but that's another matter. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

There will be ways in which they have bias based on the context of the culture they work within, but I can't think of a better news outlet across the whole world. As such, we basically have to consider them the standard.

''The chancellor, Philip Hammond, said this week in Berlin that the UK would not seek to remain members of the EU single market or the customs union but also called for early discussions on a lengthy transition period. He said the UK might want to negotiate a deal that was equivalent to being in the single market or the customs union without taking that legal form.'' :spit:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/30/eu-states-examine-whether-uk-likely-reverse-brexit