Official EU negotiations Thread

Park Life

Just now, Park Life said:

German is 10 times harder than French. But in all reality the French are cunts to a man. I've lived and worked in both and strongly would recommend Germany.......Think the beer nails it. :D

I'm pretty good with language learning - with 5 years, I'm actually factoring in twice as much time as it took for me to become fluent in Chinese :lol: Hopefully it's enough!

Agreed on the beer - genuinely think I'd enjoy living out there. The publishing scene there is fairly strong too.

Just now, ewerk said:

Why don't you just move to China?

China sucks :lol:

I probably would if I could get into Hong Kong. Or I would have, but with the Chinese government cracking down on it, I'm becoming less keen.

If the opportunity had come up in my 20s I would have, but quality of life is more important now. And China has very little of that.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So why the hell are you fluent in Chinese?

Because in my late teens, early 20s, I actually did want to live in China. I've not actively studied it since then.

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

plus you'd have to spend about £2m for a studio apartment on the island. 

Yep, it's crazy expensive.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You must've been a real party animal at uni.

I mean, my degree was Chinese. So I was with a lot of people who thought the same way tbf.

The year in China was good, but also showed me that living there long term wasn't something to aspire to.

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I mean, my degree was Chinese. So I was with a lot of people who thought the same way tbf.

The year in China was good, but also showed me that living there long term wasn't something to aspire to.

You need to firefight in the 'Longinesgate'.

• 4 weeks later...