Streaming

Andrew

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't know how long you spent on FIFA but i watched that bit and it was enjoyable.

What about Hollow Knight? Indie game, decent reviews etc.

I'll add it to the list!

• 2 weeks later...

Im thinking Sea of Thieves might be a fun option from playing the beta this weekend.

I'm hoping to be able to do a fair bit of multiplayer stuff this time out, compared to hammering Zelda last year.

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I know! Which is why I mentioned multiplayer things...

so... where do we stand on Ark Evolved?

(If I sort my life out in time I might have a PS4 and you could embarrass me on other games, if you like.

27 minutes ago, The Fish said:

so... where do we stand on Ark Evolved?

(If I sort my life out in time I might have a PS4 and you could embarrass me on other games, if you like.

I don't have a PS4 sadly

I've just sold mine (well, it leaves on Thursday).  Can't understand the point of them if you've a decent PC (especially connected to the main TVs).

I should probably send @Rayvin 10% of the sale for copping me on to that fact.

I'd rather just keep using the pc, but I've 2 issues;

My mates mostly have PS4s and sub-par PCs

My lass likes to watch tv on the big screen.

• 4 months later...

So tomorrow a mate and I will be back on twitch for the first time in a while, playing Dark Souls, one of his favourites. But I’ll have the controller and he’ll be my guide.

Also we’ll be applying some drinking rules to make it harder. 

So if you like shite jokes and Simpsons references, there’s only one place to be on the Internet tomorrow night! 

https://www.twitch.tv/semimentalgaming

• 3 years later...

Piece of piss to setup, especially if you'll be playing on a console, you need a few extra things

• Mic
  • Camera
  • Capture Card
  • OBS

You setup and run the first three into your streaming PC, which will be running OBS to do the streaming.

Basic setup would be  Snowball Mic, any 1080p webcam (the part of the picture you'll be using is tiny so it doesnt need to be fancy) and an el gato game capture HD.

Sweet. How powerful does the PC need to be? Was googling about older consoles through the old Elgato but got conflicting reports. As an aside, is it me or is it fucking impossible to find out concrete answers to things you Google these days? Especially when it now throws up barely relevant Reddit posts.

All the PC is doing is bringing your sources together and sending them out, so not particularly powerful, my 7 or so year old laptop is still perfectly competent at it.

21 hours ago, Rayvin said:

What are you going to play?

Fuck knas. Nowt along the lines of your Fortnite and Warzones because I’m rubbish at them. The most contemporary I’ll get is Gran Turismo 7 but it’ll be whatever I fancy from my retro stuff. Interspersed with random tunes and YouTube videos. Essentially just having a bit of crack, I’m sick of only making myself laugh when I’m playing games