Florian Lejeune

Park Life

2 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Aye, to not play a single game is a strange one. Seems he had a good season last year with Eibar.

Spanish lad on N.O. said he had a good last season at Eibar.

11 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Aye, to not play a single game is a strange one. Seems he had a good season last year with Eibar.

Looking at his history he was signed from and loaned back to Girona immediately by City and was then sold to Eibar once that loan ended, its entirely possible he never even trained with them.

The stats about most clearances and headed battles won are positive things for me.  Obviously he wasn't playing for one of the strongest sides so he would have been under more pressure but those are the type of things he needs to be good at in this league for us.

It'd be interesting to find out more about what went on with City.  

5 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

The stats about most clearances and headed battles won are positive things for me.  Obviously he wasn't playing for one of the strongest sides so he would have been under more pressure but those are the type of things he needs to be good at in this league for us.

It'd be interesting to find out more about what went on with City.  

Hoovering up talent and spitting it out at a guess.

2 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Hoovering up talent and spitting it out at a guess.

I'm sure that's part of it but it seems a bit strange they didn't have him spend any time with them at all by the looks of it.

Just now, David Kelly said:

I'm sure that's part of it but it seems a bit strange they didn't have him spend any time with them at all by the looks of it.

Probably rubbish. :lol:

No idea about him, except that this had been talked about for weeks. Coming from Eibar I'd imagine low wages, so it's a low risk signing despite the reasonable fee*

*- Not high by today's standards.

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

No idea about him, except that this had been talked about for weeks. Coming from Eibar I'd imagine low wages, so it's a low risk signing despite the reasonable fee*

*- Not high by today's standards.

The only thing to cling to is that Benny seems to know a lot about him and has been following him.

1 minute ago, David Kelly said:

Would also be interesting to know if it's thought that his release clause has meant we've got a bargain.  It sounds like he had a good season with Eibar, these days that usually seems to add up to £20m.

We won't know till he's played 10 or so games. If it turns out he's solid then 8.7m will obviously be a bargain. The way things are in the PL a dozen good games means his price will double. For a CD I imagine he'll improve for another 3/4 years.

Done a bit digging over lunch and it appears that Girona have some sort of tie in with City and it looks like he signed for the them in an attempt to stop Girona from leaving them.  They immediately loaned him back to try and help Girona's promotion push.  That wasn't successful but he played well and caught Eibar's eye and they activated a release clause that he had.  City made a million on a player that quite possibly never set foot in England and had never been intended to play for them.  Apparently Arsenal were linked with him in December.

It's like that Mooy bloke from Melbourne. City bought the club for £7.5m, gave Mooy what looks like a free transfer to City, immediately loaned him out to Huddersfield and then sold him to them for £10m.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Done a bit digging over lunch and it appears that Girona have some sort of tie in with City and it looks like he signed for the them in an attempt to stop Girona from leaving them.  They immediately loaned him back to try and help Girona's promotion push.  That wasn't successful but he played well and caught Eibar's eye and they activated a release clause that he had.  City made a million on a player that quite possibly never set foot in England and had never been intended to play for them.  Apparently Arsenal were linked with him in December.

When you say you've :quotes: done a bit of digging :quotes: do you mean you've read the link Meenzer posted directly above? ;)  

1 minute ago, adios said:

When you say you've :quotes: done a bit of digging :quotes: do you mean you've read the link Meenzer posted directly above? ;)  

Ha no I saw he linked to the chronicle and didn't bother reading it as I assumed it would be bollocks.  I actually found it on a City blog.  Took me literally minutes too!

First thing I did (and do) was to check the name of the author.  There's only so far I'll trust Meenzer. <_<