what's wrong with our club

Dr Gloom

why is our club such a fucking joke?

everything is geared up for success....stadium, facilities, money, support etc etc...yet we remain a national laughing stock.

why god why?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Shepherd partly for appointing that idiot and sacking SBR at the wrong time (although can't argue with the funds he gives out)

Souness for being just an idiot

Douglas Hall for being the parasite waste of manfat that he is

Shepherd partly for appointing that idiot and sacking SBR at the wrong time (although can't argue with the funds he gives out)

84139[/snapback]

Things are 20 times better than they were before Shepherd and the Halls mate. Before 1992 Jim Smith was our 8th EIGHTH choice of manager in 1988, even fuckwits such as Souness wouldn't have looked at us, all we were was a stepping stone for managers AND players, even Geordies.

Every time I see the ground I always think to myself "How bad must you be to make such a bad job of this over such a long time"

OK so theres always a dominant force in English football Liverpool, Manu, Arsenal, Chelsea but even now when you look at that list of teams who've won at least a cup its a damning indictment of poor management.

Aye, you have to remember that we didn't have a big ground and fan base till about 14 years ago. Before that we had a wind tunnel and 20,000 averages for a good 10 years. Oh yeah, and no money. Still, it's no excuse for whats going on now. Sir John Hall turned us into a 'proper' big club and we haven't built on that good work imo. We've stood still.

84139[/snapback]

Things are 20 times better than they were before Shepherd and the Halls mate. Before 1992 Jim Smith was our 8th EIGHTH choice of manager in 1988, even fuckwits such as Souness wouldn't have looked at us, all we were was a stepping stone for managers AND players, even Geordies.

84151[/snapback]

Before John Hall, yes, Douglas Hall is the problem. SPECULATION!

Gemmill. Simple really.

84161[/snapback]

No wink? Permission to chuck a hissy fit, sir! :huh:

84163[/snapback]

:search:

No wink because I was deadly serious. YOU are the cause of all the club's problems. Burn him!

No wink because I was deadly serious. YOU are the cause of all the club's problems. Burn him!

84169[/snapback]

Does he weigh as much as a duck?

84169[/snapback]

Does he weigh as much as a duck?

84172[/snapback]

:huh: tbh.

But apperently he weighs as much as several giant ducks from what I hear.

:huh: tbh.

84182[/snapback]

Pythonian logic tbh.

So, if she weighs the same as a duck, then she's made of wood. And therefore... A WITCH!

Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?

:search: tbh.

84182[/snapback]

Pythonian logic tbh.

So, if she weighs the same as a duck, then she's made of wood. And therefore... A WITCH!

Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?

84189[/snapback]

:huh:

Way too subtle for me, but funny when explained.

Aye, you have to remember that we didn't have a big ground and fan base till about 14 years ago. Before that we had a wind tunnel and 20,000 averages for a good 10 years. Oh yeah, and no money. Still, it's no excuse for whats going on now. Sir John Hall turned us into a 'proper' big club and we haven't built on that good work imo. We've stood still.

84156[/snapback]

Life didn't start with John Hall. May be wrong but our biggest attendance was in the fifties 60k plus, against Chelsea I think. Fan base has always been there, reason the attendances were low was the dross that was served up, back to my original point, poor managment over many years, but hey thats the past nowt to do with anything thats happening today, Eh, Alex?

84156[/snapback]

Life didn't start with John Hall. May be wrong but our biggest attendance was in the fifties 60k plus, against Chelsea I think. Fan base has always been there, reason the attendances were low was the dross that was served up, back to my original point, poor managment over many years, but hey thats the past nowt to do with anything thats happening today, Eh, Alex?

84192[/snapback]

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at, are you suggesting that mismanagement in the past exonerates Shepherd of blame for the present? How long's he been running the show now?

84139[/snapback]

84151[/snapback]

That my friend is very true, but as i only started supporting the Toon since Ossie was in charge as i was only bout 7 at the time i can't really state that, but when you look back it's clearly alot better with the club nearly going bust n such and it must have been shocking having to see the likes of Pedro, Waddle, Gazza all going onto pastures new

Species mistake, he meant GeordieFish.

84187[/snapback]

So, if he weighs the same as the Fish, then he's made of pies. And therefore... CELEBRITY FIT CLUB!

No...ok then.

I place the blame firmly at the feet of our embarrassing chairman, 2 major decisions I think that totally sent us in the wrong direction. First one being a few season's ago when Robson was in charge and all he was allowed to bring in over the summer was Lee Bowyer on a free when we were in a strong position to challenge for trophies and keep the momentum going from the previous season, we've been in decline ever since.

Second decision was sacking Robson and in turn bringing in Souness. This speaks for itself as we fall ever closer to the bottom three, don't think we'll ever get there but Fat Fred is on drugs if he thinks there's even the remotest chance of getting a European place!

Re the current problems: Fred's a gobshite and he reckons he's bigger and more important than the club. Simple really.

Re the fact we havent won owt for forty years...Could be here all day.